5

BEN really wanted to complain and confront Brynn being with Dr. John but he just held back and controlled himself instead, especially because he's with his son, Jasper. He didn't want to argue in front of their son.

Fortunately, his son has a car seater so he wasn't afraid to bring Jasper along while shopping. Him and Laikynn would always go out together to buy him a book, but this time, he was alone.

It was contrary to his will to avoid Brynn, but he just could not prevent himself from thinking about her all the time. He wanted to call her and tell her to leave Dr. John but he doesn't want Brynn to get mad. He knows that she's still mad at him.

He was about to drive his car but suddenly stopped because Brynn blocked the drive way. Ben pouted.

'What are you doing, Brynn? Magpapakamatay ka sa ginagawa mo. Leave.' He rebuked her.

'I'm not leaving here as long as you don't talk to me.' Brynn said firmly, still blocking the drive way.

Ben sighed, 'What do you want? You asked me to stay away from you, that's what I'm exactly doing.'

'I didn't say that you would stay away from me, all I said was, let me atleast make a decision. I appreciate everything that you do for me, but sometimes, you make me feel like I cannot stand on my own.' Brynn said honestly.

'I don't want to put you in danger that's why I'm doing this. I want to be there in every decision that you make, I hope you'll atleast consider me.' He said, 'but why do you seem to trust Dr. Izuma more? Can't you trust me?'

Brynn was stunned and bit her lower lip, 'I.. I trust you! Bu-but, he is my doctor. Of course, I will consult to him.'

'Brynn? D-do you get my point?' Ben annoyingly said, 'I also want to be there for you whenever you make a decision, it will be hard for you to understand that but once your memory returns, you'll understand why I am like this to you.'

Iniatras niya ang sasakyan at aalis a sana pero hinarangan na naman nito ang drive way.

Ben's slowly losing his patience, 'Move. Or else-'

'Can you really kill me?' tanong nito na ikinagulat niya. 'Can you really do that to your bestfriend!?'

'A-ano bang sinasabi mo dyan?' kinakabahang tanong niya rito.

'Open the door!' utos nito.

Napasunod na lamang siya para matapos na ang pag-aaway nilang dalawa, she picked up Baby Jasper and placed the kid in her lap.

'Why are you so hard, huh?' Inis na sabi nito habang sinusuklay ang buhok ni Jasper.

Ben laughed sarcastically, 'And why are you so stubborn? Why don't you just listen to me?'

'Fine!' Brynn surrendered. 'Okay, I'm sorry! Alam ko nagtatampo ka because I went to Dr. John without your knowledge. But I just really think that he can help me with my problem.'

Ben laughed again, sarcastically. 'And you think I cannot help you with that?'

'How can you help me? How do I know if you are really telling the truth?' she answered.

Ben felt even more annoyed, 'Finally, the truth come out! You really don't trust me, bakit hindi mo nalang inamin?'

'Look, Im just being careful. I need nothing but the truth. What if one day I end up being mad at you for not telling me everything that I need to know? The situation will only get worse.' Brynn firmly said.

Ben was stunned for a moment, he is not yet ready to confess and tell her that he was the reason why she lost her memory.

'B-because I want you to figure it out by yourself. I don't want it to come from me, or from other people. They don't have the right to let you know what you need to know. Just me.' he said.

'Then tell me..' Brynn said.

'Kakasabi ko lang, figure it out by yourself. Brynn- you have nothing to lose if you wait until your memory returns, until you figure it out. Don't rush, just take time.' he calmly stated. 'And I promise, I will tell you the truth when the time is right.'

'Are you sure?'

He nodded, 'Just promise me that I'm the only one you can trust. Not anyone, not even Dr. John.'

'Promise.. but why are you so mad with Dr. John? Did something bad happened to the two of you?' tanong nito.

'I don't feel like trusting him. Just be careful na lang. I'm not sure if you can really trust him.' sabi na lamang niya.

BEN brought her home, they would be safer if they talk there. Laikynn's parents were surprised to see them together, he greeted them and gave them privacy and took their grandson first so him and Laikynn can talk well.

When they left them, none of them attempted to speak, as if they were deaf by silence.

Ben secretly glanced at Laikynn, he knows this isn't the right time to admire his wife, but he just couldn't stop it.

He was so stupid before that he didn't even realized that Laikynn is so good to be around, she's just perfectly beautiful- the truth is, he doesn't feel just because he is guilty, he doesn't doing it just because he has to pay for it. He does it because he loves her.

'Ben?' Brynn interrupted him with his thoughts, he avoids looking into her eyes. He could be drowned anytime. 'I just want.. to tell you that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that.'

He just smiled at Brynn, 'It's okay. Sorry din if I made you feel like you cannot stand on your own or I interfer with your personal life.'

He was stunned when Brynn surprisingly hugged him and he hug her back. He closed his eyes and savor the moment.

'Is it true when you said that I'm the hardest person you ever met?' naiiyak na tanong nito habang nakayakap sakanya.

He tapped her hair, 'No, that's not true. And no matter how hard it is to be with you, I will never leave you, I'll never get tired of understanding you- because if there is something that is very difficult for me, it's probably losing you.'

Brynn seperated from his embrace, 'What do you mean? Bakit naman ako mawawala sayo?'

Ben took a deep breathe, 'Brynn, can you promise me that even if your forgotten memory returns or you find out the truth... Can you promise to.. stay by my side?'

'When your memories come back, I know a lot of things will change. Even the way you see me, alam kong magbabago. But no matter what happens, please always remember that , you are important to me. I could give up everything just to prove myself to you.' Ben honestly stated, looking directly at her eyes.

And then he kissed her forehead.