6

Dr. John invited her to have lunch after their therapy session, Brynn did not refused so she come along with the young doctor. Besides, Ben knows that she has check up today but unfortunately, his parents visited him today so Ben did not make it to accompany her.

Dr. John brought her to a fine dine-in restaurant somewhere near the hospital, according to the doctor, it is his favorite restaurant. Thursday's seems really familiar to Brynn, she examined the place, and tell herself, Why do I feel like I've eaten here?

She watched Dr. John selecting meal on the menu, while observing, that moment also seems familiar to her— sitting opposite to a man's. Brynn tried to ditched the thought but it keeps on bugging her. She touched her temple and massaged it while still trying to recall that familiar moment— she closed her eyes to focus.

I need space.

We both need space.

We can't just sit and talk about it then argue over and over again.

Dr. John tapped her in her arms snatched her out from her reveries, 'Are you alright, may masakit ba sayo?'

She faked a smile, 'N-no. I'm fine. I'll be okay with any meal, I'll just go to the comfort room. Excuse me,'

Brynn stood up and hurriedly went to the comfort room, she examined herself in the mirror while her heart is pounding. 'Who are you? Can't you just fucking remember anything?!'

She scolded at herself, forcing herself to remember something. She seem eager to know herself these past few days.

'Just a fucking restaurant, Brynn. Just a fucking restaurant yet you cannot remember anything!' she annoyingly whispered.

She tried again but obviously her mind is tired of recalling things that she cannot remember anymore. It was just like a glimpse, heard a male voice asking for a space.

Her phone rang and it's Ben.

'Hello.'

'You done with your check up?'

'Yes.'

'How was it?'

'Still no progress.'

'Uh, it's okay Brynn, soon you will be able to remember everything. Take it slowly.'

'How long will I take it slowly?' she impatiently asked, 'I'm getting tired of this.'

Ben sighed from the other line, 'Hey, don't give up yet. Why are you so eager to remember forgotten memories? Is anyone put you up in a hurry?'

'Ben, I'm tired, really. It's so frustrating to be curious about who I really am.'

'Im sorry.'

'Now, why are you telling me you're sorry? How many times do I have to tell you that it's not your fault..'

Ben breath heavily, 'I didn't saved you.'

'Can't you just tell me what really happened? I won't be mad, I promise, as long as you're telling me the truth.'

'I don't think this is the right time.'

'Then, I'll go to your house, let's talk? I'll cancel this lunch with Dr. John then—'

'Brynn, just give me a little more time, okay? I am not yet... ready.'

Brynn was quiet.

'I promise, once I'm ready, I'm going to tell you everything. Please not this time, not today. I don't want to ruin their visit.'