C H 2

Year 1942...

DAVINA

"Thanks for your night shift, Dave" Mr. Jones thank me. "Your welcome Mr.Jones" I waved goodbye at him and started to walk.

I am currently working at the Cafe. My mother and I decided to live here in Finchely since she got her retirement from Professor Kirke.

We lived in a small apartment near at the Cafe. I also attending school. I am glad that Professor Kirke tutored me when I was in mansion.

As I walked in to small hallway and dark corners I saw something. It is a Centaur

I shake my thoughts and decided continue walking. When I was about to reach my apartment, I see someone in my peripheral vision.

I look at my back and nothing.
I was in apartment's door step, I greet my land lord.

"When are you going to pay, Ms.Lewis? It's been a month already!" Mr. Smith says

I heavily sighed and say, "Just give us a weeks, Mr. Smith. I promise" I plead

He snickered and laughed at my statement. "You should live by your words, Ms, Lewis" and then he walked away.

I proceed to our room. As I enter, I saw my mom in our bedroom sleeping then I closed the door of the room.

I reach our mini refrigerator to grab some water. When i turn my back, i see a centaur.

I almost shouted when the centaur gave me a shush signal to be quiet.

I blink my eyes, this is not real Davina, wake up!

The centaur coughed make me jump at surprise and say,

"Your majesty, Narnian needs you" Did the centaur address me as "majesty"?

I am so shock to hear him talking. Just then I got familiarize what he said. Narnian.. Narnia.

"Wait? What happen? " I asks him.

"We need you to protect Narnia, Your majesty" he said and bow at me.

I give him a nod as the answer then he reach his hand to the door knob. He open it then wait outside. I quickly glance at the inside door where my mother is sleeping inside of room.

I whisper to her wish that she could hear what I am saying.

"I will come back mom, I promise" then I proceed to exit and then close the door of our apartment room.

Then the centaur lead me to stairway where. We walk up as we reach the rooftop.

The centaur open the door of it. As he open, we already in Narnia.

Here comes nothing.