Chapter 1 ✔

7 years later... (21st September 2026)

Axel closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he continued to walk home. He was walking to his apartment from Walmart, the place he temporarily works until he got a proper job. He was sitting down on a bench thinking about how his life changed in the past seven years when he decided to continue going home.

His thoughts continue swarming in his head even after he started walking until it finally reached what happened years ago.

It happened years ago but he still remembers it like yesterday.

The very same day his whole world shattered into two.

The day that left his heart unrepairable.

The day everything went downhill.

The day his boyfriend told he didn't love him anymore.

The day his best friend and boyfriend walked away hand in hand leaving him crying against a wall.

The day he was left all alone.

And here he is, a 24-year-old man walking to his shitty apartment thinking about a break up 7 years ago. He was pathetic. And he knows it but he never got over it. He loved both of then way too much to forget them. He tried being with other people in the time period. He tried dating, he tried one night stands but he saw their faces all the time. It was not fair. Not for him or the other perso so he gave up. He gave up on love.

The fact that he lived alone throughout his life didn't help. His parents abandoned him when he was 5 and from then, his dad's friend was his legal guardian, Victor raised him. He treated him his own son and to move on from his parents, they decided to move away from their parent's city.

His birth was a mistake and his parent's didn't want him but that never bothered Axel. He never understood why they kept him until he was 5 but he doesn't care about that now anyways.

But he completely shattered when Victor died a couple of years after this breakup with Miles. He regrets was not being there for Victor when he died. Axel was so busy crying over his breakup in another state that he wasn't there during Victor's last moments. He couldn't repay Victor for anything he did for him.

He moved to another city again after his breakup because he was too much of a coward to face his worst heartbreak. He was so disgusted about himself when he came back to Victor's funeral, he barely paid attention to all the people who showed their pity for him, to those who loved Victor like a family but also those he never knew before. 

Neither his parents nor his ex-lovers came that day and that's when reality slapped him making him realise that he was all alone in this cruel world.

He held himself together for Victor but now he burned down. And now there was no one to stop the wind from scattering his ashes.

He moved away for five years and now that he was back, He didn't want to leave again. He finished collage so he was currently looking for a proper job.

_______

22nd September 2026

The sound of a loud bell followed by a groan and a beep broke the peaceful science of Axel's apartment before silence overtook again.

A couple of hours later, the bell rang again but this time Axel switched the alarm off and got up lazily, finishing his morning routine. He still had some time to kill before going to work so he was pretty bored. He usually worked after lunch until it gets dark so he is usually free during the day. He cleaned his apartment and started walking to work. He couldn't afford a car because of his shitty salary so he had to walk to work.

He entered the changing room in Walmart forty-five minutes later and changed into his work clothes before going and standing in front the counter.

"Ah! Glad you came early Axel. I can go home and peacefully rest now. Bye!" His co-worker, Ryan said as he walked into the changing room to get out of his work clothes. Axel sighed at this before taking over Ryan's spot and continuing his interrupted work.

Time passed by as Axel continued his shift. The day was not that busy so Axel didn't have much work to do. He displayed his charming smile that makes girls as well as guys turn around and look twice. Many people slipped their numbers with the bills and even asked for his number but he ignored all of them.

It got dark outside and his shift was almost over. He was counting cash when someone stood in front of him and handed him the items they wanted. He started billing them and looked up to see his last customers of the day when his eyes widened in shock as his smile turned into a frown and he almost dropped the glass in his hand.

"Kai? Miles?"