Chapter 2 ✔

Warning: Mild panic attack

...

"Kai? Miles?"

Axel eyes them with disbelief. They're here, right in front of him. He knew he would meet them sooner or later but this- he doesn't think he's ready to face his worst heartbreak as well as the people he still loves yet. 

He knows. 

He's not ready to meet them yet. But they're here now and he knows he has to deal with it. Just looking at them brought tears in his eyes. It's been so long since he talked to the either of them. After he moved, he stopped picking their calls and blocked their numbers and after Victor's death, he changed his phone number. He lived another life, blocking all his past memories, and cutting contact with everyone from his past, He was just not himself. He didn't know what to tell them, after all these years and looks like they didn't either.

Nobody talked for what seemed like hours, they just stared at each other. Axel could see confusion, surprise, disbelief, concern and was it guilt? in their expression. He wondered why? (note the sarcasm). But after all this he knew he still loved them. But he wasn't ready for this again. He knows he can't pick up all the shattered pieces again. He finally got his life together but now, now it came down crumbing all over again.

But sometimes, among all the nightmares he still dremt of a happ world. An alternate world where they never broke up. Where they were all together, waking up next to each other and kissing each other goodnight. How much he'd sacrifise for a world like that.

Was he being selfish? He couldn't see himself giving a damn.

He came out of his trance and slowly reached for their stuff before billing them. The silence was broken because of the billing machine but beside that no one talked. But this time Axel saw how much they changed in the past seven years.

They looked just how they had when they all were still going to high school, just a lot mature. Big. Miles still looked bulky and fit, a dominant aura radiating of him. His 6'3 height (but he probably grew taller), the midnight black hair, piercing blue eyes and an extremely tanned skin.

Kai's appearance didn't change much either. His thin frame, blond long hair that reached just above his shoulder, the shortest amongst the three of them, soft hazel eyes with a bright sparkle and pink cheeks.

Oh god how much Axel misse- no no he needs to stop thinkig like that.

He tried to keep all of their memories locked. He dosn't need them now.  "It won't do anything good." He said to himself. 

He returned their bill and stuff when Miles paid and even after neither anyone moved nor that talked. They were back staring at each other again but now they seemed to actually start believing that Axel is finally here.

Their little staring contest (again) ended when someone entered Walmart and immediately squealed before throwing themselves on Axel. Axel came out of his reverie and immediately broke their hug and looked at the tiny overjoyed girl beside him.

"Thank all the lords, Axel you're still here. I'm so sorry I was late but something came up and I had to stop in between. I'm sorry." She didn't sound sorry at all but Axel just nodded in return. That was when she noticed Kai and Miles because she let out another high-pitched scream before jumping on top of both of them as well.

"Oh, my it's been so long since I've seen both of you." She stood before them and smiled brightly before she noticed them looking at Axel. "Ya right, this is Axel, he recently started working here and Axel, these idiots here are Miles and Kai, they are regulars here and my best friends." March said pointing at them before nodding at Axel. No one said anything and once again and then suddely March let out a loud scream. They were lucky not a lot of people were in there or they would have gotten many pointed stares.

March screamed again as she pointed at Kai's then Miles's hand. This was when Axel noticed their hands and all hell broke loose. "You guys got engaged. Seriously you got engaged and you didn't bother telling me?" March squealed and wrapped both of them in a hug again. Amongst all this commotion, Axel didn't register March's words as tears struck his eyes. "I'll go change" was the only thing he muttered before leaving but nobody seemed to notice him.

"Axel no wait stop- Please we need to talk" Kai's nervous words were cut short as Axel closed the door behind him. He leaned back to the wall as he slid down and buried his head in the hands. Of course, they were engaged. They were together for like over seven years. He was so stupid.  

"How can I be so stupid" Axel thought but he couldn't stop the tears. These emotions were stuck in him for so long, this is the breaking point. He couldn't breathe. His chest started heaving and a stab of pain hit him like a bullet and he tried. He tried to gain control over his body. Sweat dripped of his forehead and everything was blur, he couldn't hear anything but his hear, his breaths. He couldn't feel anything. nausia struck him but he couldn't throw up. He didn't eat anything that day. 

"They can't do anything to you. Get your shit together Axel you moved on from them. So what if they're engaged. Dosn't bother you. Just keep your hed down and et the fuck out"

And slowly he came to his senses. He didn't know how long he was there but after washing his face and drinking water, he walked out of the changing room. Everyone's attaintion snapped back to him and. 

Both Kai and Miles looked at him and he could see various emotions in their eyes. Guilt, concern, sorrow all these emotions filled their eyes but he pretended not to notice and made his way to the exit, wanted to get the fuck out of there.

"I need to submit a fucking resignition letter"

"Axel, please stop. Please" 

-----------------------------