Chapter 2

Emelline's POV
I could feel the sweat on my forming on my head as my breathing hitched.I was having a nightmare, i was thinking of Dad. I really missed him.

They say when people leave us they go to a better place.
"A beautiful soul  is never forgotten," i thought to myself.
I checked the time on my phone it was 5hlt(hours local time).
I decided to go for a morning jog because it was one of the things Dad and i did together.

As i was jogging, i admired the beautiful trees, the sky was graciously clear.They weren't as many people out as i had expected.My mind drifted back to Uganda as i remembered the bustling city of Entebbe.I felt better after this jog!

I stopped like a deer infront of headlamps.
"Get out of the fucking way," a familiar voice yelled.
"Maybe if you were patient enough to see that i was crossing you would slow down," i yelled back.
I have to admit i was terrified, before he opened his mouth i just ran off , just like that!

I got home and had the quickest shower of my life.
I heard my phone ringing as i was leaving the apartment.
"Is this Ms.Emelline Tugahirwa?" a female voice asked.
"Yes, how may i help you?"
"I called about the job,helping out at the  bakery,"
"Sure thing i will be there in 10"

I rushed i found her outside waiting for me standing besides a gentleman.
" Good morning, we are here about the job" they said.
I brought them in and told them what i expected of them.
"What are we going to name the place,"they asked in unison.
"Tugz' " i replied.
"Interesting," Isabella chuckled.

"We are going to be making foreign food apart from the baking,Ugandan food to be exact," i told them both.
"Can we also cook our traditional dishes?" Liam asked.
"Sure thing!" I said.

I cleaned up as Isabella made the menu.
"Liam go grab us coffee,am starving," said Isabella.
"Me as well!!" I shouted.
I tried writing the recipes because we would officially open tomorrow.

"Your back already!"i said in disbelief.
He handed us our cups of coffee,something caught my eye though,the newspaper in Liam's hand.
"Liam, can i have a look at the paper in you hand," i asked him
Oh my!
"You look like you have just seen a ghost!"Isabella said in a low tone.

"Dante Gonzalez
Business Man Of the Year!" Was printed in bold letters on the front page.
"I ran into him twice,first time i spilled coffee on him ,the second time was today he almost knocked me as i went jogging!" I said angrily.

"You must be new here!you haven't heard the tales of Dante,"she said with an expression i could not read.

"Thee most ruthless billionaire in California,he gets whatever he wants and will move any obstacle in his way,"Liam said.
"Girl, how are you still breathing,"Isabella said.
"I guess he just had mercy on you that day,"Liam sighed
"What were the last words he told you?"Isabella asked out of curiosity.

"Umm,its not over yet,"is what he said
"Dead," they said in unison.
I wore a grim look on my face,the last thing i want is getting deported.
"Dont worry we'll protect you,"Liam said
"Yea ,what he said,"Isabella repeated with an suspicious grin.

"Okay today night we are going out clubbing,its on me"she said
I was hesitant to say yes but i eventually gave in.
"My place,be there at 7".

I went home to get ready.Isabella texted me her address , i decided to where a short leather black skirt and a halter top and i left for Isabella's.

My mouth literally opened saying this was a house was an understatement it was a mansion .
"You live here?"i asked
"Yes my parents house!" She replied.
"Isabella Smith, how could that have slipped my mind."Liam said wide eyed.
"I like to work for my own stuff not use my father connections okay!,lets hit the road."she said

"The Arena" it was written in neon lights it looked so good.
"The both of you ladies look marvellous,"Liam said scratching the back of his neck.

Dante's POV
I was so exhausted from work, its like i have to tell everyone exactly what to do,i should just fire them all and get new staff, i hate errors especially in my company.
I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in," i yelled.
"Dude,you look so worn out. Rachael and i  are going out you should come too!"Crispus said
"I will pass,"i groaned

Crispus  was my best friend and Rachael was his girlfriend in case you are wondering,yes, they were the power couple sure they have heard their ups and downs but they stuck together.
For me, i guess my name was not written in the book of love after Elaine broke me, no more!

"Bro, get up and get cleaned we are going Rachael's almost here."he said while dragging me.
I had a cabin in my office so i freshened up quickly, i found Crispus and Rachael being all intimate.
"Not in my office please!" I said.
"Someone's in a mood today,"Rachael said irritating me.
We got to my club and went to the VIP section had a few drinks and Crispus went dancing with Rachael.

I saw a someone that looked familiar, the lady from the cafè she was dancing and her curves were swaying perfectly.Damn!
She looked in my direction,i think she got scared and she decided to leave the club so i chased after her but Crispus held my hand yelling something in my ear after which i ran out to find her it was dark though.

I saw two men, one has trying to rape her the other was holding her mouth.
She tried to put up a fight,she was strong for her size!
My blood started to boil.
I beat them up and made sure i broke some bones, after which i called my men to take of them!
She just lay there unconscious with tears in her eyes .
Without thinking i carried her took her to my car while calling my doctor and drove her to my place.