Chapter 3

Dedicated to EmilineAdhumo

Dante's POV
I brought her home and my doctor came in shortly a while after,he checked her and nursed her bruises.He reassured me she would be fine after a day or two.

I called my private investigators to get everything they could on her.I don't know why i did this but it just felt right.

I decided to watch her as she slept,she looked so graceful,flawless and she was curvy ,not forgetting her beautiful skin,i guess she had an African origin.

I heard her phone ring so i decided to pick it up.
"Hey Emelline,where have you been? We are supposed to have the grand opening today!"she said through the phone.
"Emelline can't speak right now but she is okay, i think the grand opening should be tomorrow because she asleep," I suggested.
"Excuse me who is this? " she asked.
"You do not need to know,"I said angrily.
"Just tell her Isabella called,okay," she responded.

I hung up the phone! I decided to go to the gym downstairs then take a cold shower, maybe she will be awake by then.

Emelline's POV
I opened my eyes only to see an ultra-modern and spotless room which had a huge window,through which i could see the city and the morning sunrise which looked beautiful.
It smelled like apples and mint in here.
This room screamed wealth and was definitely not mine!

I heard the door open and my jaw dropped.
"I see your awake Emelline,"Dante said while staring at me
"Where am i?"
"How did i get here?"i asked.
He told me i was at his house and explained to me what had happened yesterday night.
Tears instantly rolled down my face.
"Hey, do not cry its not your fault,do not beat yourself up about this," he said as he held my chin looking me in the eye.
He cleaned my tears.

"By the way how did you know my name?"i asked out of curiosity.
"I have my ways," he replied with a smirk.
"So what they do say about you is true,huh," i said jokingly.
"Well,most of it!"he replied with a stern look on his face.
Oh my! His moods can sure change like the weather, its like his happy for a bit then boom he's angry.
I remembered our first encounter was not the best so i decided to make amends.

"I am sorry about the coffee and today's ride," i said while playing with my fingers
"Okay!" He replied.
Ouch! I expected an apology in return but it seems i wont be getting get any.

"Would you mind if i made breakfast?"i asked.
"As longer as you do not poison me its okay," he replied.
He showed me downstairs to the kitchen it was so beautiful.
" Close your mouth or you may catch flies,"he said with a blank look on his face.
I mentally slapped myself.I decided that i would make a rolex,a Ugandan delicacy, orange juice and i would bake him a cake for dessert.
I started off while Dante sat on the couch but i could sense his gaze drilling holes through me.

Dante's POV
I watched as she worked in the kitchen,she held the knife with ease and did her cooking gracefully. The way the morning sunlight lit the kitchen made her skin glow.

"Am done,please set the table."she asked .

I admire her confidence especially how she speaks to me because most people would not have the courage to speak to me like that except for Crispus and Rachael of course.
Well i am Dante Gonzalez, i think she does not know me too well.

"Which country are you from?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Uganda," she replied but the look on her face changed it seemed i touched a sour topic.
"How long have you been here?"
"About five days."
"I am sorry for crossing my boundaries," i said feeling guilty.
"Its okay, its not your fault." she said.

The food did not look like the everyday food i ate but i decided give it a try.
I cannot believe i am doing this.
She sat opposite me and i started to eat.
She burst into a loud laughter.
"What?"i hissed angrily.
"That's not how they eat it, just use your hand its basically the same way you could eat a taco." She said joyful.
"Well you could have said that and oh by the way you laugh like a donkey that has tuberculosis," i said looking at my plate.

I noticed her frown but it is what it is. I am not one to sugar coat.
Call a spade a freaking spade!!
"Well its true,"I told her again point blank.
She just shrugged.
We ate in comfortable silence .
"Thank you this tastes really nice." I said sincerely.

Emelline's POV
I brought the dessert which he also complemented. I felt good when he said it. I dont know why though.

I cleared the table and took the dishes to the sink but i hit my foot and almost fell but i felt strong arms catch my waist.It was Dante, we stared at each other, i got lost in his blue eyes and his touch sent tingles down my spine.We stayed in that position for seconds.

"I think i should get going,big day tomorrow!" I told him thinking of Tugz'(the bakery)
"The grand opening?" He asked.
Oh! I remembered Isabella called and he picked up.
"Yes that," i replied.
"Could i drop you home," he asked scratching the back of his neck.
"No its okay, you have already done a lot for me and i do not want to be a burden," i told him honestly.
"Nonsense, i am taking you home!" He said in a commanding tone.
I did not want to argue so i agreed.

The ride home was silent, i directed him and we soon reached.He rushed to open the door for me but i beat him to it.
"I have hands you know!" I told him
He just shook his head and shrugged.
"Thank you," i whispered,"for everything."
We just stared at each other, i debated whether to say goodbye with a handshake or a hug.
I hugged him and said goodbye, he looked shocked though!
He left and i entered my apartment.

*

*

*

*
Thank you all for reading it means a lot to me. Stay safe during this pandemic all shall be well . I send my air hugs lol😂
Please do not forget to vote and comment🙁.I love you all so much❤