Chapter 6

I woke up with general body pain which i think was because of all the  rock climbing of the previous day, so i decided to go for a run to shake it off.

The morning was bitterly cold, a strong gust of wind blew against my face making me to wake up fully, the palm trees swayed back and forth as the wind caressed their leaves.
There was only a few people out on the street at the time.
I increased my pace because i liked to push myself to the limit, my mind drifted back home as i thought of Dad. I know he hears me and watches over me.
I took a break because i was literally listening to thudding of my heart, after which i jogged back to my apartment.

Something was a little odd though, the vase and the couch were not like that when i left, but i shook it off, maybe i was over thinking things.
I took a relaxing bath and i was feeling better.
Bella called me and told me she was passing by.

*
"Hey girl, how did yesterday go?" She asked as she entered the living room.
"It was amazing," i replied truthfully.
"Have you had breakfast yet?" She inquired.
"Nop," i said popping the 'p'
"Good, because i am starving!" she said with a sigh of relief.

I decided i would teach how to make 'kabalagala' a pastry that is eaten a lot back home.
Turns out she loved it.

"We shou-"she was interrupted by a knock at the door.
I went to get it and i was shocked.
"Who is it? " she asked
"The cops," i responded trying to keep it cool.

"Excuse me ma'am we would like to search your house, we believe you possess a priceless jewellery set that belongs to Ms. Elaine Steel," he told me bluntly.
"I do not even know who that is!" I responded.
"Do you have a search warrant?" Bella asked.
"No ma'am," he responded.
"I think you can see yourself to the door then, because you have no right to just come and go through people's property."she told him with an angry look .
"No its okay, i have absolutely nothing to hide, let them do a search." I told her calmly.
She gave me a worried look.
The truth is i had nothing to hide!

Four cops came inside with gloves and searched for about thirty minutes.

" I have found something," one cop yelled pulling out an antique necklace from with in the vase that was next to the couch.

"Bella i did not do it you have to believe me," i told her with tears filling my eyes.
"I believe you Em, i know you would never do such a thing!" She replied pulling me into a hug.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be used against you in the courts of law.You also have a right to an attorney," the cop said cuffing me.

"Call Dante and tell him what happened, my phone is in the room," i said to Bella.

"Didn't you hear me ma'am," the cop repeated taking me to his car so that i could go to the station for questioning.

Things were really going wrong, today was just not my day!

Dante's POV
I was having a chat with Crispus  telling him about Em.

"Can't wait to meet her bro!" He told me patting my back.

We were disrupted by the ringing of phone.

" Can you repeat what you have just said," i told her while gritting my teeth.
"You have to come with one of the best lawyers Dante or we could loose her." She said with fear lacing her voice.
"Where are you so that i pick you up and we head to the station?" I asked her impatiently.
"Over at Em's," she said.
"Okay i will be there in a few." I responded.

What's wrong with the universe! It takes away every good thing that happens to me, first Dominique, then Em. I cant afford to loose her too!

Luckily Crispus was one of the best lwayers and he would help me out.
I will do anything in my power for her to be set free, i shall spare no expense !
Even though i have known Em for such  a short time that's enough for me to know that she has a kind heart and would never do such a thing.

"Slow down or you are going to get us both killed,"Crispus yelled because i had crossed the speed limit.

We picked up Isabella and headed for the station.

Seeing Em in that cell just sucked the life out of me.
Isabella even noticed how tensed i had become and she told me everything will be alright.

Seeing the tears in Emelline's eyes  was enough to tear my heart into pieces.

" How is the situation?" I asked Crispus
"To be honest things are not good at all," he told me bluntly.
"Tell me the details," i asked impatiently.
"The jewellery that was found in her apartment belongs to Elaine and she is pressing charges,"he said.
"But it cant be! Em doesn't even know who Elaine is," i told him in a hush tone.
"I thought about that too, Ms.Emelline Tugahirwa is being set up," he responded.

Isabella was too overwhelmed so she burst into tears.
" There's something your not telling me!" I told him running out of patience.

"Emelline is going to be deported on the next available flight back to Uganda." He said with worry in his face.

This cannot happen, i can't loose cupcake too.
I had to do something!
I called mum since she was in the Congress, she obviously had to help me out.

" I  will buy you some time but i am not getting involved in this especially if its for a girl," mum told me over the phone.
" Thanks mum! that's all we need," i told her.

We had now bought sometime as Crispus was doing everything in his power to get Em out of there.

"Can i speak to her?" I asked one of the cops.
"You have five minutes," he told me.

"I did not do it, you have to believe me,"she told me.
"Shhh, Em don't cry. I believe you i know you did no such thing," i told her wipping the tears off her face.

She looked so worn out and out of life.

"I am going to do everything in my power to get you out of here," i told her giving her a kiss.

"Sir, time's up" the guard yelled.

I went to the other room to talk to Crispus but he was busy making phone calls here and there.

" Promise me you will get my best friend out of here?" Isabella asked.
"I promise," i told her.

Crispus suggested we go home and get changed .
We would be back tomorrow, so we dropped Isabella home.

" I have never seen you like this, you must really love this girl," Crispus told me.
" You have no idea," i responded.

At that exact moment, i actually realised what i felt for Em.
The thought of her spending a night in a cell just disgruntled me.

*

*

*
Thank you all for reading, this means so much to mean.
I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter and are staying safe!!
I love you all so much❤
I mean it i do☄Do not forget to vote!😊