Chapter 3: The Child Mercenary

When we arrived at Sherlock's flat at 221 Baker Street, I was greeted by an old woman. "Sherlock! You're home!" She smiled at John and Sherlock but Sherlock just walked up the stairs. "Hello Mrs. Hudson," said John. "We had to bring a girl home. It's for an investigation. We're terribly sorry." Mrs. Hudson looked at me. "Hello dear, why don't I make you some tea? The boys will probably be busy for a while." Before I went with Mrs. Hudson, John held me back for a quick second. "She'll just be telling you her life story. She's not dangerous or anything."

When an hour had passed, I walked up the stairs to Sherlock's place. So far I had learned, Mrs. Hudson was married, they lived in Florida, her husband was in the drug business, she was in on it too, and when her husband got arrested for murdering a man, she was relieved. All in all, Mrs. Hudson was an interesting lady. She made excellent tea. When I entered, the flat was cluttered with stacks of paper. So was the kitchen. But what really caught my eye was the skull sitting on top of the fireplace. Somehow I was really attracted to that thing.

The kitchen was a whole different story altogether. It was like some kind of home scientist's lab. There were microscopes on the table, the sink was flooded with dishes, and we can't forget the refrigerator, can we? The refrigerator barely had any food in it. All that was inside were a cut off head, toes, fingers, and a jar of eyeballs to top it off. I freaking love this place! Just then, Sherlock came in wearing just a bathrobe.

"Hello Lune, I see you've found my side projects."

I blushed. His eyebrows were raised. Does he know I'm really fascinated by all this? Sherlock must've known. My expression really must've given it away. "Yup. I'm just awed at how you managed to get these pieces." "Sherlock! You're wearing just your robe again! And in front of a young lady! Go change into some clothes." Sherlock winked at me but left anyway.

I wandered into the living room and stared at the bookshelves. I took a book out and turned to page one. "So what do you think Lune? Do you like the flat?" I looked up at John. "Yeah. It's a very nice flat. The flat has a lot of character to it." "Well, I'm glad you like it."

Just then, Sherlock rushed out of his room like a rabbit. "John! Lestrade just texted me! We've got a case!" Sherlock sprinted down the stairs chattering wildly. John grabbed a jacket lying on a chair and started to follow him. "Sorry Lune. We'll be back in a short while. You can have Sherlock's room. It's right down the hall." With that, they were gone.

In Sherlock's room, I set down my three cases. One of them contained my clothes, the other contained my weapons I kept on the go and the last one had my precious sniper inside. I really wanted to stay. Madam and the girls' home is terrible. I couldn't go back and I didn't want Sherlock and John to know who I really really was. I walked towards the living room and sat down in one of the chairs. I began to read the book earlier. I was making good progress when a man walked into the room. He seemed pretty tall compared to me, dressed quite sharply, had a cane, seemed a little overweight, and has a slight resemblance to Mr. Sherlock Holmes.

He looked at me like how Sherlock does. Not in a creepy way but as if he's analyzing me. "What has Sherlock been doing picking up children mercenaries? I give him privacy for what ?! Three weeks!" Startled, I stood up. This man knew who I was! "Yes, I know who you are. Lune Jennifer Aniston. Used to be in the Orphanage in Austria. Trained to kill and steal. We have an entire file on you after the fire Ms. Aniston. Pray you didn't come to kill my brother."

This man is dangerous. He knows who I am and I can only assume three people already know who I am. But wait a second. "You're Sherlock's brother?" He sighed. "Yes, I am. Since you are here anyways I would like to offer a job. Ms. Aniston, you're a very skilled girl. I want you to protect him and tell me how he is doing. Sherlock always throws himself into danger, he'll be quite a hassle. I did offer the job to John Watson but he declined. If you are to take the job, Ms. Aniston, I would gladly pay you."

I was stunned for a moment. A job that was in my line of profession and that offered pay. "I really do want the job sir but only if you never tell anyone else about who I am. Do that, and I will accept your job." He nodded. "Very well Ms. Aniston. And please, do call me Mycroft. We will be seeing each other very soon." Mycroft offered his hand and I shook it. He then left.