Chapter 9: The Reichenbach Fall

"Thank you Anthea. Leave those files on my desk when you're done." The door clangs shut behind Mycroft. He was in one of his many bases that was protected to the brim. It was disguised as a ginormous manor with guards at every door in every hallway; security cameras ready to capture any sudden movements from every crack and crevice there is. The moment Mycroft stepped into the manor, he was all of a sudden filled with trepidation. Something was off. Dreadfully off. There wasn't a sound even if this was a security building. There should at least be the sound of footsteps or people working but never this much silence. Mycroft sniffed the air. Blood. Instantly Mycroft was alert and grabbed his trusty umbrella. I never saw Mycroft without it. But of course I knew what it really was. An umbrella disguised as a sword, disguised as a handgun from the handle. I mean honestly! Just get yourself a bloody gun or sword!

Mycroft unsheathed his sword and very slowly inched his way through the manor. On one hand he had his very dandy sword and on the other hand was his phone, already texting for backup. As he toured the massacre Mycroft saw that everyone was unconscious. Some were bleeding from wounds but every one of them had been taken down. Who could do this? Mycroft thought. Mycroft kept walking until he reached an open space with windows that reached the ceiling. It was one of the many libraries in the manor. Crack!! A vase had fallen over and had been smashed to pieces. "Who's there!" Mycroft shouts. He could feel it. Mycroft could feel the pressure and sense of evil like an enormous pressure of bricks on his back. He was twitching feverly with his sword in front of him ready to attack. And then a pitch comes out of nowhere! Rebounding against the walls piercing Mycroft's ears. He winces but tries to keep his cool. I applaud him for it. He faces the glass windows with his back towards the doors. He turns to look at the floor. Bloodied footprints. Made by boots with narrow heels. Footprints found all across the building. Yet there was no wobble. They were clearly used to fighting in these heeled boots. No sign of slippage. Mycroft's eyes narrow. And then he turns quite suddenly. Clang! His sword hits against my ax sending sparks flying. "Lune."

My cold dead eyes met his. Streaks of blood had left lines on my face. Dried and fresh blood mixed along my skirt and shirt. Without a moment's notice, I ran towards Mycroft, ax raised. He calmly and swiftly blocked it with his sword. "Look Lune I know you're angry but put down the ax." I growled and pressed further on. He pushed on as well. Mycroft was clearly heavier and I could feel the weight bearing down on me but I was more skilled. I swung the ax upward with such force that it knocked Mycroft a couple feet back and the sword slipped away from his hands. Quickly, he grabbed the blade side of the sword not wanting to face me without a weapon. "Lune! Stop this immediately!" His hands were bleeding but Mycroft still gripped the sword tightly. I couldn't even hear Mycroft clearly. Deep down I know I should be asking answers but I wasn't in my right mind. I was just so angry and I couldn't even hurt the one who hurt Sherlock. My father was dead. Mycroft had done something to hurt Sherlock though. And that was enough. Once again, I swung at Mycroft with all my force and he was beginning to feel the pain. Crack! This time, I swung down hard enough to break Myrcoft's sword. In surprise, he lept back and cradled his hands.

With such force the ax had stuck a bit to the wooden floor. Yanking it back with one hand, the ax was pulled free leaving the floor chipped. I walked towards Mycroft who had hastily pulled the hidden gun out of his sword handle. Before Mycroft even had a chance to shoot me, I swung for his head and Mycroft ducked out of the way to my side and aimed the gun to shoot. I hadn't even finished my lunge but Mycroft hadn't shot me yet. What was he waiting for? And then he opened his mouth. "Anthea, shoot!!!" I whipped my head toward the glass windows and saw Mycroft's secretary standing behind them, gun raised. I heard the crack of the window and felt a pain in my shoulder before falling forward. The last thing I saw was the window glass shattering down at the same time before I blacked out.