Chapter 16

So first off, this chapter is making me feel really single 😍

Warning: There is some taking off of shirts, but nothing beyond that.
And extreme angst mixed in because that's how it happened.

I just wanted to say, before you all start reading that I hope you're safe and with family during the COVID-19 and that I'm always able to talk if you need someone. You guys are the best and I continue to thank you for the votes and comments.

"His trackers are offline." Tony reported to Nick Fury and Maria Hill.
"He's as good as gone. He could literally be anywhere in the world in his human form and nobody would recognize him."

"Who knows?" Maria asked.

"The whole UN is throwing the world's biggest tantrum." Hope replied.

"How did we lose a robot?"

"The way Vision himself predicted." Bruce cut in, looking up from the hologram he was working on. "Jarvis and I caught a glimpse of Wanda at the premiere."

"Why weren't we alerted?" Hope asked.

"As per Boss' orders, I wasn't supposed to scan people's faces for their own privacy, so I didn't scan the general masses and only kept check on the exits and entrances. I am very sorry I let this slip through my scanners."

"So what do we do now?" Bruce asked. "We can't hide this forever."

"The rogues have one of the most powerful beings on earth. The universe isn't safe." Dr. Strange pointed out.

"How do we know that they're using him for that?" Sam countered.

"Why else would they capture him?" Loki scoffed.

"More importantly, why would he let Wanda capture him? He's one of the most powerful on the team." Many frowns appeared after this statement, "He could've easily made a scene, or phased through a wall. There's more than we are seeing." Phil pointed out.

"Great, so he went willingly." Loki sighed. "Traitor."

"I think there's something bigger go on here." Maria said, and looked around. "He said he was feeling lost, what if this is what he meant?"

"Guys, she controlled Vision from the other side of the planet, she could've easily controlled him from three feet away." Bucky broke in.

"One moment Sir, I have just gotten an encrypted message from an unknown source, should I open it?"

"Go ahead Jarvis, make sure your firewalls are intact."

"Of course Sir, I will notify you as soon as I can translate the message."

--

After a few minutes of conversation between the Avengers, Nick Fury, and Maria, Jarvis once again interrupted.

"Before I read the message, I am 97% sure this is from Vision. He sent it directly to my hard drive, and nobody else knows how to do this except Bruce, Rhodey, and yourself. Perhaps Natasha could, but I am quite sure this is from him."

"What does it say?"

"Have the wedding, prepare for a new phase."

"That leaves no questions whatsoever." Sam sarcastically said.

"How soon does he even mean? Next week? A month? We can have the wedding whenever, but this is kinda confusing." Hope put her word in.

"What do you mean we can have the wedding whenever? Everything has been planned already, we can't just move it up." Rhodey looked stressed.