Chapter 2

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

That was the only thing that I thought about as a man came out of his car to inspect the damage.

To make matters worse it was a fucking police officer. I'm am so done for. The entire time grover stood at the sidewalk eyes wide open. I hadn't moved from my spot on the road. Where was a deep bottomless pit when you needed one. The officer paused at the front of his car and turned to look at me. I was still staring at the floor peeking at him, way too nervous to actually look him in the eye.

"You should get off the road before someone actually runs you over" I snapped back into my senses and moved off the road and onto the sidewalk beside Grover.

"I am sooooo sorry. I promise if you don't call my parents I'll pay for it as soon as I can." How exactly? I didn't know. I was a struggling high schooler for gods sake. I just knew that whatever happened this could not reach my mom. She would throw a fit if she knew I wasn't at home. And smelly Gabe, I didn't even wanna think about what he would do if he found out he had to use his money to pay for this.

"Look at me kid" I slowly raised my head up and my jaw dropped. Holy shit! The guy looker like an older version of me. He had the same unruly black hair and sea green eyes. Heck even the shape of our jaws wee the same. I momentarily wondered if I we were related. He seemed to be in the same state of shock before he regained his senses and smiled at me.

"Its no big deal kid. It was an accident. Besides it won't even be that expensive to fix don't worry about it." He said while smiling and I could tell by the look of the small lines that appeared by his eyes that he smiled a lot. I inwardly sighed in relief thanking whoever was up there that he wasn't an asshole. I still felt kinda guilty though.

"I'm really sorry sir. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you..."

"Like I said kid. No pressure. Just look both ways before you run across the street, next time you might not be so lucky Mr..."

"Jackson. Percy Jackson." Grover gave me a look that said 'really? You told him you real name.' I ignored him. There was something about this officer that made me feel safe around him. I just couldn't explain it. Its like I knew him from somewhere.

"You should get home Percy. I could give you a ride if you want."

"No thank you officer Poseidon. I appreciate the offer though." I read his name on his badge.

"Well I have to get this headlight fixed. Stay safe kids" he said as he got into his car and drove away.

"Ever since the day I met you that is the first time I have heard you talk to a grownup without insulting them. Who are you and what did you do with my best friend?" I ignored him and we went back home.

Nothing major happened for the rest of the weekend but I still couldn't get that police off my mind. It didn't help that grover kept telling me that he was my older evil twin who came to take over my life. Mom came back on Sunday afternoon and I made sure that I was home by lunch time and thankfully Gabe wasn't home.

I went to bed early knowing that I had school in the morning and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.