Chapter 14

Poseidon POV

Waking up this morning I still had sinking feeling in my stomach. I contemplated staying in New York but dismissed the thought. This meeting was important to my company and I couldn't just ditch it, no matter how much I wanted to.

I sent Percy a quick text just to make sure he was okay and left for the airport. I was using Zeus' airline but with the price he was charging in the name of a 'discount' it would be cheaper to just get a private jet. I hated flying anyway. I would prefer my fleet of ships but that would take too much time. Busying myself on the flight I looked over some documents and got some work done very often checking my phone to see if Percy replied. I did leave at around four in the morning so it made sense that he hadn't seen the text yet.

Immediately when we landed I was dragged to the first of many meetings I was to attend this week. It was long and boring and I would rather be beating Percy's ass in swimming. Work kept me busy for three hours and I finally got to my hotel at nine in the evening. I should be around four pm in New York so I decided to see if Percy had responded to my text.

Lil guppy🐠💙:

Hey I'm in math class rn and mom is on one of her seminars again. How's the conference

Me:

Boring as always. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

We texted for a little while until I eventually had to sleep since I was so jet lag. It was going to be a long week and Friday couldn't come quickly enough.

Percy POV

Waking up with bruises wasn't something new to me but with all the weeks of him being gone I forgot how it felt to feel like you've been run over by a truck in the morning. Mom was in one of her seminars for five days so that meant that I would be alone with Gabe for the entire week. I suddenly wished Poseidon was here. I could have stayed I've at his palace for the entire week but he had to go to that stupid conference.

I made sure to leave before Gabe woke up in case he got any ideas. Walking as slowly as I could in the cold morning air in New York and took about an hour and a half to get to school. It was still extremely early so o sat on a bench and listened to fall out boy until students started streaming into the compound.

I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone since it mostly hurt to with my busted lip but I knew grover would have questions and after all he did for me I owed him that much. He got to class a little after me and got straight to the point.

"He's back isn't he?" He asked nothing but worry and concern lacing his tone

"Yeah."

"Is your mom around?"

"She had to attend one of those book seminars."

"How bad are the injuries?"

"Just a couple of broken ribs and a busted lip and black eye. Nothing I can't handle." I didn't tell him that Gabe raped me. He knew that Gabe hurt me physically, but I never told him about that part. I was too ashamed to and if I did he wouldn't hesitate to go to the police.

That would only put him in danger. I knew that Gabe was involved in some drug dealing shit. And that he had people everywhere who were willing to go to jail for him. Even in the police force. I couldn't put my best friend at risk like that. What if the officer he talked to happened to be one of Gabe's men. Gabe wouldn't hesitate to kill me and him.

"Percy, this is getting out of hand. I really think we should tell the authorities."

"Grover we can't! I already told you its way too dangerous."

"So you want me to just sit by and watch my best friend fade out in front of my eyes!" He was talking with a harsh tone I had never heard him use before. "Percy you can't go on like this. I've been with you long enough to know what exactly this monster does to you. How long before he snaps and kills you. I can't take it anymore. You've been so broken until you started hanging out with Poseidon. You've even stopped cutting." My head snapped up at that. I was just about to tell him I don't cut when he beat me to it.

"Don't try to give me some BS about how you don't cut. I've seen the marks on your arms and wrists. I tried to talk to you about it but you never gave me the chance. But then you started hanging with Poseidon and  it was like all your problems vanished into thin air. You seemed happier and less depressed. Hell even your grades started going up. I thought you were finally okay and I didn't question it because I knew he was the reason Gabe disappeared for an entire month."

"What do you mean?" I was confused now.

"Your so oblivious Percy. Come on the man owns a multimillionaire company and is part one of the richest families ever. He obviously likes you and knows about Gabe. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together." I wanted to question him further but thankfully the math teacher chose that moment to get in class and my attention immediately went to my phone.

I saw a text from Poseidon and replied but didn't expect one back since he was probably working or on his plane. I was still overwhelmed with the information grover gave me so right after the bell rang I bolted out of the classroom for two reasons.

1) I couldn't handle talking to grover since if I did he would make me tell my mom or do it himself

2) I really needed to be alone and think things through.

I wandered into central park and claimed up a tree hiding in the branches looking at the view. I have no idea how long I sat there but it was the vibration in my pocket that snapped me out of my thoughts. I saw Poseidon had messaged me and I talked to him for a while making me feel better.

Seeing as it was already four o clock I decided to be a man and just head on home. I reached there way sooner than I wanted to and it took me a good ten minutes to gather the courage to open that door. Gabe wasn't in the living room so I made a break for my room. I got to it without any trouble and was about to close the door behind me so i could deem myself safe for the afternoon when I felt a searing pain in my head and everything went black.

______________

Don't forget to comment, vote, follow and share.