Chapter 3

That morning I woke up early purposefully so I wouldn't have to deal with Gabe in the morning. My mom usually slept in after trips so I knew she wouldn't be worried. I plugged in my earphones and started the long treacherous walk to school. Sooner than I would've wanted it to I was staring at the gates of Goode high.

I made my way to first period which was English with Mr Blofis. Unfortunately I didn't have grover in this class and the fact that I had dyslexia and ADHD was just worse. After an agonizing long lesson the sweet sound of the bell finally rang through my ears.

I met up with grover at lunch and thankfully we had the rest of our classes together. At the end of last period I walked home dreading the fact that Gabe might be awake or that he had his friends over. I hared when Gabe had people over. I'd rather not go into details of what they'd do to me. A panic attack was the last thing I needed right now. I stood at my front door really contemplating whether I should go in but hearing the laughs from inside I decided against it.

Mom told me she would be late today so I just had to be home a couple of minutes before her so she wouldn't go all mother hen on me. I seriously had no idea where I was going. I just strolled the streets of New York City window shopping at a few stores that  caught my eye. I didn't even realise when it started to get dark. My stomach made itself known when I passed by a candy store. I went in and bought some blue candy although they didn't have much of it. My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I pulled it out to read the concerned messages from the pig himself.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HOME TO SERVE MY FRIENDS 4 HOURS AGO!"

"YOURE IN BIG TROUBLE YOU BRAT"

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU ONCE YOU GET HERE"

I felt my hatred grow stronger for that douche. Who does he think he is? Wait... he said four hours ago. I pulled my phone out and noticed that it was eight pm. Damn it. Mom was supposed to be home by eight thirty. Judging by where I was in town I would never make in time due to traffic.

I started speed walking taking a few shortcuts here and there that consisted of some alleyways in not so nice neighbourhoods. My only prayer was that I didn't get jumped. That would only delay me more and I would have to explain to mom why not only I was late but also why I was covered in bruises. It would be completely useless trying to hide it from her. She always knew when something was up with me. Sometimes I loved the attention but other times it was just plain annoying. Today would be one of those days that  the latter would be in play.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice the four men who were starting to corner me until was too late.

"What do we have here? A little fag thinking he could stroll up our alley" man number 1 said

Fag? Seriously? I'm not even gay. Just because I have a small body than normal doesn't mean I'm gay.

"This ones kinda pretty. Maybe we could have some fun with him for a little while" no. 2 added.

"Just as long as I get to go first. You guys always have all the fun" no 3 interjected.

"Do you about people like they're not there?" I spat out disgusted at the thought of them doing... that. They stared at me obviously shocked that I dared to speak to them. What was I doing? They wee like three times bigger than me not to mention the fact that I was heavily outnumbered and was week and tired from walking around and having literally nothing in my stomach.

"Didn't your mama ever tell you its rude to stare?" I said sarcasm dripping from my voice. I really needed to know when to shut up.

"You better watch it kid." No. 2 snapped.

"Ooh I'm sorry did I hurt you feelings?" I said with a smirk that was immediately wiped off my face when his fist connected with my jaw and a sickening crack was heard. They ganged up on me when I fell and started kicking me. I'm pretty sure they broke a rib or two. UST when I thought it would never end I heard sirens from a distance. Once they saw an officer approaching they ran leaving me to wallow in my misery.

I felt the metallic taste of blood in my mouth before black dots started to dance in my vision.

I saw a distinctly familiar face before my world went black.

________

Hi. Author here. Sorry its been so long since my last update. I have online classes and loads of assignments to catch up on so I'm not sure when I'll update next.
Thankyou for all your reads. It may not seem like much but it means a lot to me being my first book. I really suck at this and I'm surprised I got any reads at all.

Plz vote, share and comment. I can't know if I'm doing anything wrong if you don't comment.