Not What I Expected

Y/n's Point of View

Thomas and I were walking down the street on this beautiful day. I accidentally bump into someone, which brought her down. I immediately pick her stuff up while another female laughs. "Sorry about that, ma'am. I should've looked around for you."

She looked up at me. She had brown eyes, ones that can see through everything. "Oh, n-no worries. My sister pushed me into you." She shyly said.

I give her a smile that made her blush. "Oh? My brother was like that. He would always push me to a cute girl." She blushed even more. "My name is Y/n."

"My name is Z-Zofia." Zofia stutters.

"Zofia, huh? I like it."

"T-thank you, nobody has said that." I bring Zofia to her feet. "This is my annoying sister, Ela."

"Pshh, don't be like that, Zo. As she said, I'm Ela." She gave Thomas a warm smile. "We should get going, right Zo?"

I feel something being put in my pocket. "Y-yeah, bye guys." Ela and Zofia take off rather fast. I picked out a piece of paper from my pocket and look back. Zofia gave me a wink and blew a kiss.

"Damn dude, I think that Ela chick liked me." Thomas says excitedly.

"That's not what I expected to come out of you, but ok." We continue walking. "Didn't Zofia seem antsy?"

"Yeah, she did, actually. Ah, my boy is getting a girlfriend!" He teased and pushed me. "I'll call you Big Daddy."

"Nah man, I ain't that." I chuckle. "Zofia looked nervous. I think she likes me."

"Seriously, bro? She barely saw you when Ela pushed her into you." Thomas asks.

"Tom, you don't know. You coulda been tryna find an P-hub premium for all I know. I saw you, you were on your phone."

"Shut up, I'm still recovering from student loans, plus how the hell am I gonna have enough for premium?" We both chuckle and walk to some park. "Besides, my mama will be pissed if they saw what I was looking at."

"Oh yeah, how's your mom?"

"Very much happy after you showed her the magic of television. She's been watching Vin Diesel all the time. She goes "Oh mio Dio, Tom, Vin Diesel è in tv," and stuff like that. You got her hooked on Vinny D." Tom walks to the playground. "You want in?"

He pointed to a swing next to him. I laugh and take the seat. "Dude, we're almost thirty, and we're still doing this shit?" A kid walked past us and stared. "Go back to your mom, we're swingin' here."

"Ah Y/n, I forget that you are the best with kids." Tom chuckles and starts to gain speed.

I gain enough speed to jump off the plastic seat. "Got that right!" I let out while falling. I land on my feet and wait for Thomas. "C'mon Tom! You never did this as a kid?"

"Shut up! Just lemme, eh, how do I do it!?" He starts trying to jump. "Y/n! Help me you asshole!"

He flew off the plastic seat and face planted on the very rough wood chips. I laugh and fall on the little border most playgrounds have. Tom picked me up and laughs with me. A few parents stared at us, but we don't give one flying fuck about what they thought.

"Oh God, dude." Tom wiped a tear off his cheek. "We should practice our aim a bit. I haven't shot something in a couple months.

"I can go for a round at the range. But right now, we should probably leave. There are kids with blunt objects."

I point to a few kids that were handling plastic bats, basketballs, and a doll. "What? I'm still a kid too." Tom taunts the kids. "Whatcha gonna do? Hit me?" One kid with a bat hit his foot. "Ow? Why are you even trying?"

"You took our swing." One girl angrily said.

"They're open, you know."

They turned around and cheered. "A job well done." Tom slaps my shoulder. "You should have a kid with that Zofia girl."

"And you have kids with Ela? I don't think your mom will like that."

"You keep quiet about the Ela situation, that'll come sooner than later." We chuckle and exit the park. Tom's phone went off. "Argh, my mom needs help getting some pasta. I'll see you later."

Tom took off to the direction of his house. I stood there for a minute before walking to my apartment. I start whistling some random song and reach my complex.

I check my phone on my way to the elevator. I got a text from my boss. I worked at a small grocery store, which has many advantages. All the snacks, free, all the toilet paper, technically free.

"Hey Y/n, can you come to the store later tonight? I need help with some stuff." It said.

"Yeah sure, I'll be down at 7."

He read the text and left it. Then came 7 o'clock, I make it to the store and see my boss standing near a truck while talking to someone. The man wore slacks, some tennis shoes, and a light grey jacket.

"Hey Y/n, I got a job for you." My boss says as the man nods.

I nod to the man and look at the boss. "Sure thing boss. Need me to drive the truck?"

He nodded and told me where to go. The man sat in the passenger's seat and didn't say a word. After a few minutes, he started to count. "10.....9....8....7...6," he continued to count before he turned to me. "Here we are, thank you." He hops out and runs to the back.

We were in the middle of nowhere, so I have no idea why he told me to stop. I check the rearview mirror to check on him. "One false move and I blow your brains out." A voice threatened. A female brought me out of the truck and tossed me down. "Say goodnight." The woman put a rag on my face, which was filled with chloroform. I hold my breath so I can at least get an answer. "Strong. I like your style, we'll do it the hard way."

She tried to hit me with her pistol, but I barely missed the butt of the pistol. I shoot up and bring her down. I kick her gun out of her hand and put her in a headlock. Three more people pointed their guns at me, all look very serious. I slowly grab my holstered pistol and aim it towards my hostage's head.

"I'll do it. I will fucking shoot her if you don't tell me what the-" a barrel was pointed to the back of my head.

"Gun down, hands up."

I being the man I am, throw my gun to the road and set the woman down. She was catching her breath when one of the three in front of me grabbed her. I get on my knees and hold my hands up.

"And they say the police are corrupt." I angrily say before feeling something hit my head.