10. Defeated and Heartbroken

Jaxson

I didn't hear when Shawn walked into my house but he scares me when we walks into my office. "Dude, are you serious?" He asks me. "What?" I ask him still going through Cedrics stuff. "I told you to go to sleep" he says. Did he really think I would go to sleep when Ava's in this much danger? "Can you stay here with Bella?" I ask him "Where are you going?" he asks me. "To find Cedric, and then Milo" I say standing up. He pushes me back down. "No you aren't." I squeeze my eyes close hoping to reduce the sharp pain going through me head. "They're raping her Shawn... I have to." I love her so much. How can I just allow them to do that to her? "Wow" Shawn says sitting down. I nod "I have to go" I tell him. "If you start something right now when we don't even know where she is they could do a lot worse to her" I hit my hand on the desk, he was right. "There's nothing there. No type of address or anything" I tell him. "Yeah I didn't think they were stupid enough to email the address" he says. I hear Bella hoping down the stairs and leave my office. "Hey, you hungry?" I ask my daughter and she nods her head. "Shawn's in the office" I say then go make her a bowl of cereal. We eat cereal almost every morning if we don't go out for breakfast. Shawn walks out my office carrying Bella. He sits her on the high barstool chair and I sit her bowl of cereal in front of her. "Thank you" she says and I smile. "You're welcome princess" I tell her. My phone rings from the office and leave the two of them in the kitchen. When I saw it was Milo I wanted to pick up and tell him how much I want to kill him, but Ava and her safety are more important than my ego. I let the phone ring until he has to leave a voice mail. "I need to make a call" I tell Shawn and close my office door. I sit in the chair and redial the number we used to call Ava last night. "Look I get it" she says answering the phone. "Ava?" I say. "Jaxson, what did you do?" she asks me. "What are you talking about?"  I ask her. "They know you broke into my dads office and hacked the computers." she says. "That's not possible" I tell her. Now I was scared, not for me but for her. "They have security cameras." "Shit, I can fix this. Its going to be okay" I tell her. "It's not, they're coming tonight." I felt my entire soul drop. Shawn storms into the office "We have a problem." He says with full urgency in his voice. He had to have spoken to Milo. "Ava, you have to tell me anything you know about where you are" I tell her. "I'm not in America anymore, I remember being on a plan. They don't speak english here." she says. "Okay, that's a start. Do you know where they would have an address or something written down?" I ask her. "No..." she says once again sounding defeated. "We can try and track the call" Shawn says stepping in and closing the door. "Do you know how to do that?" I ask him and he shakes his head no. "Rob might" he says dialing Robs number. "Ava, I swear I'll protect you." I tell her. I can only imagine how scared she must've. "Don't get yourself hurt Jaxson. I'm already in this, you can save you and Bella" she says. "I got all three of us. Everything will go back to normal and we'll have our family again." I tell her wishing everything could just go back to normal. "Hello?" Rob answers "Hey Rob, do you know how to track a phone?" Shawn asks him. "Of course not, even cops can't track a phone. That's like military work" he says in a duh tone. My head snaps up "John" Shawn says reading my mind. "So what'd you find?" Rob says. "No time to talk, I'll call you back" Shawn says hanging up and calling John. He left yesterday. "Miss me already Shawn?" John answers the phone. "We ned your help John" I say. "Okay, what do you guys need?" he asks. "How fast can you track a phone?" Shawn asks him. "Sounds like a challenge, send the number." He says and I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. Shawn sends the number and my phone starts beeping. "I'll call you right back when it hangs up" I tell her. "No, they're calling. I have to go." She says hanging up fast. "Here you go" he says sending Shawn a bunch of different numbers. "What are we looking at exactly?" I ask him. "Coordinates, just plug it into a gps and you can get there. Not sure why you'd want to go to italy for a phone though." he says. "She's in Italy?" I say. "Oh you're chasing a girl" John says. "No, we can't even explain it right now, we're in a hurry" Shawn tells him. "Okay, but you have to tell me what this is all about when you get a chance"  "I have to leave know if I'm going to at least have a shot at beating them." "You can't go by yourself" he says "I can, I'll be good. I need to call... shit" I say. "What?" Shawn asks "Penelope went back to her campus today" I tell him. There's no way I can take Bella and put her in that much danger. "Bella can stay with me" he says and I laugh. "I'm serious" he says. "Shawn you can't handle it." I tell him. "Handle it or not I'm your only option" he say. He was right. "Yeah you're right. You better take good care of her." I tell him and he nods.

"Do you want to have a sleepover at Shawn's house?" I ask Bella. "Yeah" she says getting excited. "Let's go pack a bag." I let her choose whatever clothes and toys she wanted. I'm already about to leave her, the least I can do is help her be comfortable. I pack a small suitcase for myself and we go back down stairs. "I have to go on a business trip." I tell her and she instantly looks heartbroken. "No, stay here" she says. "I can't princess it's important." I tell her "Can I come with you?" she asks. I shake my head no "no kids allowed" I tell her. She starts crying "Hey, come here" I say dropping my suitcase and getting down to her height. She comes up to me and I wrap my arms around her rubbing her back. "Are you scared?" I ask her and she nods. "You're not going to come back like mommy" she says. "I will come back" I tell her. "You won't" she argues. "Bella, I promise I'll come back." I say holding up my pinky fingers She wraps her tiny finger around mine. "What are we?" I ask her. "A packaged deal" she says. I nod "I'll call you everyday until I'm back, it won't be long." I tell her. She gives me a long hug "I love you princess" I tell her wiping her tears away. "I love you too daddy."