23. Big Sister

Jaxson

~ One week later ~

After a week our son was able to keep warm on his own and there was no doubt he would make it out of the hospital. He was placed in Avas hospital room over night.

"Daddy, come on!" Bella says begging me
to finish my bowl of cereal. She barely ate any of hers before claiming she wasn't hungry. She's anxious to meet her baby brother.

l can't blame her. After getting her ready and in the car, we leave for the hospital. "Daddy, babies can't talk?" She asks me. "No princess. they can't talk."

"Why not?"  "Well, they're new to the world so they have to learn everything. Like you're learning you numbers." I explain to her. "I'll show him how to talk." She  smiles as I look at her through the mirror.

Bella pulls me through the hospital leading me to the elevator. I pick her up after getting tired of her running. "Hi Tony!" Bella greets the guard as we approach Avas room. "Hello Bella!"

As we enter, Ana is handing the baby back to Ava. "Aunt Ana!" Bella says jumping down and running to her aunt. It was really easy explaining to Bella that Ava has a twin. Her only question was "She looks like mommy?"

"You're here really early." I say to Ana who's holding Bella. "I came by to say goodbye. I'm going to pack up everything at home. I already
found an apartment."

She's very fast with her decisions. We all tell her bye and I place Bella on the hospital bed beside her mom. She looks down at the baby in Avas arm and grins.

It's nice seeing him without tons of machines connected to him. "He's small mommy." Bella says looking over him. "He was born early baby, he's going to be little." Ava tells her.

"What's his name?" She asks grabbing his tiny hand. "Ask you dad." Ava says and they both look at me. "Avery." I tell the two and the both smile. "Like your name mommy!" Bella grins and Ava nods.

"I like it!" Ava says and I nod. "I was hoping you would cause that's all I could come up with."  I tell her and she laughs. She hands me our son and I hold him for the first time.

He's so tiny. I feel like any sudden movements will break him. "Avery Anderson has a nice ring to it." Ava says and my head snaps up. "He gets my last name?" "Well Avery Hudson sounds ugly." She jokes and I laugh. I lean down and kiss her.

"Ewww!" Our four year old says. Ava laughs at her. "Bella do you want to change your last name?" "To what?" She asks watching the baby in my arms. "To daddys last name, like Avery?"

She nods her head up and down. Both my babies will have my last name. It almost makes me want to cry. I hope I can be the best dad to these two. "We should all change our last names to daddy's." I joke while smirking at Ava.

She only laughs. Avery starts to cry and I rock him back and forwards. "It's okay!" I tell him. His crying breaks my heart. I'll have to get used to it. Just like I got used to the face Bella makes when she wants something she shouldn't have.

I hand him back to Ava so Bella can play with him. "You have to be gentle." She explains to our daughter. I take a picture of the three of them.

I'll never love anything more than them. "You turning into Shawn now?" Ava asks and I laugh. "It's funny how shawn hasn't made any jokes with you in a while." I tell her.

"I think he likes my sister." She says and I nod. "He obviously likes your sister, they've been out every night this week." I tell her. "She said they're just friends." Ava says and I chuckle. "Yeah for now!"

"Speak of the devil." Ava says as Shawn walks in. "Oh my god!" He says as soon as he sees the baby in Avas arms. "No one ever tells me anything." He says smiling at Avery. Ava hands him our son.

"Oh yeah, they moved the baby to Avas room." I inform him and he rolls his eyes. "Hi buddy!" He says while rocking Avery. I know Shawn will make an amazing father one day.

"How are things with you and my sister going?" Ava asks him. "I don't know what you mean." He says avoiding all eye contact and looking at Avery.

"You've been with her every night since you two met." "I've been showing her around, don't want her to get lost, right?" He answers with a sarcastic tone.

"You've showed her around eight nights in a row?" I ask and he nods. "New York is very big." "Yeah okay" Ava answers. "She seems to innocent to even be attracted to Shawn." I say honestly.

"Wow!" Shawn says and I laugh. "She's not innocent though." He adds and me and Avas eyes go wide. "I don't even mean it like that." He quickly redeems himself.

"What do you mean then?" Ava asks suspecting he's lying. Bella starts playing videos on my phone and lays down beside her mom. "She has tattoos all over her back about the things she's been through." He explains himself.

"Mayb- wait how do you know what's on her back?" I ask and his face goes reds. "It doesn't matter." He says and laughs. "If you keep it up you'll have kids of your own." I tell him.

"Ana has a son." He says and both Ava and I look at him confused. "Yeah she has a tattoo of him. She was only sixteen when she had him."

"Where is he?" I asks and Shawn shrugs. "She didn't want to finish the story, so I didn't force her to." Ana having a kid is shocking. She seems like she doesn't have any responsibilities, she also never mentioned it to Ava.