27. Together

Jaxson

"Where are you going?" Ava asks me as I slide out of her hospital bed. "I have to take Bella to school."

Even though she's staying at Ana's apartment she made me promise to take her to school. "Okay, are you coming back afterwards?"

"Yeah, I'll be back in an hour max." I tell her. "Okay!" She says closing her eyes again. I kiss her cheek before leaving.
———————————-

"Hey Jaxson!" Ana says opening the door. "Hey, is Bella ready?" I ask her walking into the huge apartment.

"Bella, Jaxson's here!" She yells loudly. "OKAY!" Bella yells even louder. "Wow, you've already decorated the place." I say looking around at her furniture.

"A lot of this came from my old house actually. Oh! Speaking of decorating, Bella and I went shopping last night and got a lot of stuff for Avery's nursery. I can start this afternoon if you want."

I don't understand how she can have this much energy this early in the morning. "Sure, just ask Shawn for the spare key." I tell her as Bella comes running out with just as much energy.

"Tomorrow is showing tell." Bella says from the back seat. "What do you want to bring?" "Issy!" "Princess, you can't bring a dog to school."

"Oh... Can I bring Avery?" She asks and I chuckle. "Avery's still sick, he can't leave the hospital. You don't have a toy or anything else you want to take?" I ask her.

"Can I take pictures of Issy and Avery?" She asks me and I nod. "Sure, I'll get you some after I drop you off." I tell her and she smiles big.

After dropping her off I go home to shower and feed Issy. I feel bad that Issy is always here by herself. At least she has the whole garage and her dog toys.

On the way back to the hospital I call one of my old friends who's a photographer to come by later and take pictures of Avery. I want to have really good pictures of both Bella and Avery.

"Hey!" Ava says from the couch. I go over to her and give her a kiss. "Where's Avery?" I ask her. "A nurse took him to take some more test."

She grabs my hand and pulls me down beside her. I wrap my arm around her. "Are you ready to go talk to my dad?" She asks me and I nod.

"I'm sure it'll go fine." I tell her. "Don't tell him I'm alive." She says surprising me. "What changed your mind?" I ask her.

"I'm not ready to talk to him." "You don't ever have to talk to him." I tell her. She nods and takes my phone from my hand.

"Do you know what they did with your phone?" I ask her leaning back on the couch and closing my eyes.

I feel her shake her head no. "We'll get you a new one." I tell her. I have no problem with her using mine, she's going to need her own if I'm not around and she needs help.

A few minutes later Ava elbows me awake. "Here's the video footage." She says handing me my phone.

I watch Cedric hold a gun to her in the kitchen. She looks so scared. "What's he saying?" I ask her.

"He's telling me I can't escape and that Milo was upstairs." "Is there footage of him up there?" I ask her and she changes the camera.

She goes to an angle showing the top of the staircase. "I've never noticed any of these cameras." I tell her and she nods. "They're hidden well."

She plays the clip and you can briefly see him standing over Bella and I with a gun through the crack of my bedroom door. I hate myself for not waking up.

I could've moved the gun away from my princess, I could've saved Ava from all of this. "I don't want to watch the rest." She says taking the words out my mouth.

I take the phone from her and power it off. "I'll send it to my lawyer later." I say and she wraps her arm around my torso.

"I can't wait to go home." She says randomly. "I can't wait for you to come home." I tell her. "I hope it's not awkward."

"Why would it be?" "We never talked about our relationship, we were never this close before."
She's right, we haven't confirmed anything.

"Well, I love you. There's no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with than you Ava." I tell her.

She lifts herself up and looks me in the eyes. "I love you too Jaxson. I can't imagine being with anyone else."

I nod and smile. She starts to laugh. "So where does that leave us?" She asks me. I laugh along with her.

"I guess we're together, one day I'll give you the wedding of your dreams." I tell her. "I don't like weddings."

"You could've just went along with it, I was trying to be romantic." I tell her and she laughs.

"Sorry, tell me more about my dream wedding." "I would love too, but I need to head out." I tell her while looking at my watch.

She leans away so I can stand up. "I'd say have fun, but I don't think that will happen." She tells me.

"We'll just have to see how it goes. I'll see you later." I say before leaning down and kissing her.

The nurses bring Avery in just as I'm leaving and I tell him a quick bye before leaving.

I get more nervous the closer I get to the prison. This is my only hope.