three

another hella short chapter coming at you rn

~

WORD COUNT: 2.1K

~

Bail watched Gal carefully as she climbed out of the speeder before stopping and staring up at the orange house in front of her. 

"Is there any reason you are to be here? Senator Amidala is not going to be pleased if you miss the birth of her daughter," Bail said to Gal, who looked back at him with a small smile. 

"I have plenty of time, I just don't panic like you do," she muttered and gave him a pointed look. "I'll be there soon, I just need to speak to a couple of people first. Make sure Harley take's care of Padmè while I'm gone." 

With a sigh, a small smile and a nod, Bail waved once and sped off down the street in his green speeder. Gal nodded to herself, looking up at the night sky, wishing that she was making the right choice by being there. 

The young Jedi Master walked up to the front door of the orange house and knocked a couple of times, stepping back once she did. She waited in the cold for the door to open, and once it did, she was standing face to face with an older, yet still handsome, man. 

"Oh, hello. May I help you?" He asked and pushed his small rounded glasses further up his face. He had changed a little since she last saw him almost four years ago.

"Yes, I'm looking for Colben and Antorsh Rahl?" She asked quietly, "it is rather important."

"I'm Antorsh, my wife is Colben," he smiled and opened the door a little more, "do come inside, it's freezing out there." 

She thanked him quietly and stepped into the house, taking her robe off and folding it over her arms whilst she looked around. The house was just as beautiful inside as it was outside. Vines crawled along the walls and ceilings, wrapping around the dangling wooden beams and lighting and curling around the hundreds of pictures hanging on the back wall. 

"Colben!" Antorsh poked his head around the corner and called for his wife. He turned around and looked at Gal, "do I know you? You do seem awfully familiar, a friend of my wife's perhaps?"

Before she could answer, a tall woman walked around the corner, a polite smile on her face as she looked at Gal. "Hello dear, what may we help you with?" She asked, coming to a stop next to her husband.

Gal pulled her lips into a thin line before placing her robe over the back of the seat to her right. She turned back to face then and inhale deeply before stuttering out, "uh, I don't know what to say really, but... My name is Gal, Gal Skywalker. I- I just wanted to meet you two and let you know that-" Gal was interrupted by Colben gasping loudly, slapping her hand onto her mouth in realisation.

Colben briskly stepped forwards and took in the young girls face in her hands softly. She searched her eyes before smiling widely and enveloping her into a tight hug. Gal closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around her mother's waist gently.

"Is it really you?" Antorsh asked, his eyes brimming with tears. Gal nodded and smiled at him as Colben stepped back and held her daughter's face in her hands once again. "We never thought we would see you again," he chuckled. 

"You are so beautiful. So, so beautiful!" Colben awed loudly. She stepped back and wiped her eyes with her palms, giving her husband room to hug his long-lost daughter. "Oh, drinks! I will get us some drinks!" She declared and swiftly moved into the nearby kitchen. 

Antorsh guided his daughter into their living room before offering her a place on the couch. 

"I see you're a Jedi," he said and gestured to the lightsaber on her belt before rubbing his hands together and sitting down. He knew she was a Jedi, that's the whole reason they had given her up all those years ago, he was just so nervous he had no idea what else to say to her.