six

it's been a hot minute since I posted but this is a fun chapter y'all

~

WORD COUNT: 2.6k

~

A rush of adrenaline shot through Gal's veins as she landed her ship safely in the forest, still surprised that it actually worked and travelled the distance it was able to. Gal climbed out of the cockpit, grimacing at the feeling of the muddy floor beneath the fog and her feet before putting her hood on to block out the rain pouring down on her head.

A few days ago she was contacted by Yoda through the Force, he told her it was time for them to reunite, and she left Kepler-452b with no hesitation. Harley had left on her own adventure the day after Master Kenobi passed on, and whilst Gal insisted that she take the ship, Harley disagreed, saying that she didn't need it. Gal felt somewhat lucky she hadn't taken it in the end.

Her farewell was far too emotional, and Gal had smothered her with advice and knowledge of both the planet they were on, and other planets in the galaxy in case she ever found herself on one. Harley disappeared into the forest line shortly after saying goodbye, and she didn't turn back. 

Gal lifted the end of her robe, made sure her lightsaber was tied to her waist correctly, and began her hike to where she could sense Master Yoda's presence. The Force was strong on the planet and she figured that's why Master Yoda chose for it to be his home during exile. She had walked for several minutes before her sights fell upon a small hut where two muffled voices could be heard over the rain. 

One was definitely Master Yoda. 

She then had spotted a droid peeking through the hut window curiously, and she almost fell to the ground in shock. 

"Artoo?" She asked and ran through the mud, her hands instantly grabbing onto the droid who spun its head to look at her. 

With exciting beeps for a greeting, he seemed to have recognised her. The smile on Gal's face was of pure happiness. She had never thought that seeing something from her old life as simple as a droid could have given her so much joy. 

"It's so good to see you! How did you get here? Oh, more later questions later, I'll be back," she said to him and stepped back, looking for a way into the hut. Finding the door, Gal opened it and crouched down, fumbling to take her hood off her head, her excitement giving her a buzz. 

Gal smiled widely at the small green being before her who gazed up at her with a soft look. She reached back and shut the door behind her to stop the rain from entering. 

"Master Yoda," she breathed out in relief. "It's been a while." Her gaze then moved onto a young man who peeked his head around the corner and looked at her inquisitively. 

That face... She had no idea where she had seen it before, she couldn't have possibly seen him recently, but it feeling was there, way in the back of her mind.

He looked at Yoda who nodded and encouraged him to move forwards towards her. He awkwardly shuffled towards her, ducking his head when he almost headbutted the low-hanging roof. 

"Hi. I'm Luke, and you are?" He asked, sticking his hand out for her to shake. 

Gal tensed up and froze as she finally put two and two together. Master Yoda had requested that she be there because he knew that the young man was also there. 

He wanted her to meet her son.

Gal couldn't even begin to process anything thoughts, or words, other than, "Skywalker?" She knew she had to get extra confirmation before she began to stress over anything. When he nodded, Gal sat backwards and closed her eyes tightly.