seven

~

WORD COUNT: 1.9K

~

Luke watched Gal poke through her bowl of mush, something that he was pretty sure was just a dead rodent, with a peaked interest. She seemed to be enjoying it, maybe just a little too much, and when she noticed him looking she raised her eyebrows.

"You seem to like this... this slush," he said with a frown and looked down at his bowl he hadn't touched.

"It's better than fish, I'm enjoying it while it lasts."

"You're going back soon?" He asked her, somewhat disappointed in hearing the news. "I thought you were staying until I completed my training?"

Gal smiled up at him and said, "you're almost done."

He smiled and shook his head a little, suddenly coming up with another question for her. "What was my mother like- As a Jedi?" He looked at her with curiosity.

Before Gal could get the chance to dig herself a hole and lie in it, Yoda laughed loudly.

"Big, big, trouble as a Padawan, she was." He smirked down at his dinner as Gal gasped in offence before continuing, "passed from Mentor to Mentor."

"Through technicalities!" Gal said, a loud laugh bubbling in her chest, a feeling that was almost foreign to her. Luke looked between the two Jedi with a smile. "She was a delightful Padawan and an even more delightful Jedi Knight!"

Yoda hummed and turned away making Gal narrow her eyes at him and shake her head before looking at Luke. 

"Your mother was a good Jedi. Stronger than she gave herself credit for. She knew her whole life she wanted to be a Jedi Master, even if it meant sacrificing what little family she already had." Luke seemed to be listening intently to every word she said. "She had a Padawan, which is a young apprentice, for a short while, meaning she was a Master; her goals were complete."

"What happened to her... Padawan?" Luke said, sounding out the word so he didn't mess it up.

"Harley Calvin was her name..." Did Gal lie about her to keep her protected? What if Luke accidentally let it slip that he knew there were other Jedi somewhere in the galaxy and she was hunted? "She escaped with her life, barely. Nobody knows where she is now," Gal said quietly as she placed her bowl down. 

"What about my father? What was he like as a Jedi?" He asked, "B- Obi-Wan, said he was one of the best pilots in the galaxy."

Gal nodded, "that's true. He always managed to pull off the impossible, and always did it with style." She laughed a little making Luke smile even wider. "If anything he was the troubled one. Irrational, a big show off... But he cared for people a lot, just like a Jedi should. He cared for his friends, maybe a little bit too much.." She muttered to herself and crossed her legs. "We had some adventures though."

R2 beeping at the window gained everyone's attention. 

Gal laughed and said, "yes we've had some adventures Artoo, with BB-Eight and Three-PO as well." Gal missed those droids so much; she often wondered what happened to the three of them, BB8 more than the others if she was being honest.

"Did you go on any missions with my parents and Obi-Wan?" Luke asked and held a spoonful of mush up to his lips, finally finding the courage to eat it.

"Many, many missions," she hummed with a laugh. They did have some fun.

Luke asked her to tell her about one, but she was hesitant. What if she slipped up and revealed a little too much information, or said the wrong name?