nine

and this one ruined me

~

WORD COUNT: 2.9K

~

Gal's small grin widened as she lifted the lid to one of the crates next to her makeshift bed, only to find a folded tunic and undertunic, an old robe, trousers, a brown tabard and a sash. They were all the pieces to her old Jedi uniform. She had no idea they were there.

When they buried Lucarus, Harley had insisted she sneak back into the apartment to grab several things. Gal allowed her but wasn't expecting her to come back with several crates, and she had never looked in them until this day, for she thought it all belonged to Harley.

Her hands grabbed onto the brown robe and frowned as she ran her thumbs across the fabric. It wasn't hers, but it was Anakin's.

She let out a deep sigh and rose to her feet, pulling the clothes out of the crate with her. She had to go save her son.

~

Gal's heart raced rapidly as she snuck down the corridor of the Death Star, ducking and weaving behind pillars to remain hidden as she searched for Luke. She could sense not only Luke, but the Emperor also. The dark side of the Force was strong and it frightened her, but she persevered.

After running across the hallway and dashing around the corner, Gal almost lost her balance when she stopped herself from running into two of the guards that had been crawling around the place. They looked at one another as she straightened herself out, trying to remain calm.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" One asked as they both aimed their gun at her, readying themselves to shoot her. In their eyes, she had done the impossible by making it that far already.

"I need you to take me to Lord Vader," she said and placed her hands by her side, tilting her head.

"You don't give orders, we do, rebel scum!" The one on the right snapped. Gal was almost about to use a small mind control trick but stopped herself as they both lowered their weapons. "Lord Vader has requested that any rebel's are to be brought to him immediately. You're coming with us."

They both moved to her side and tightly grabbed her shoulders. Gal raised an eyebrow, surprised as how easy this was going for her. They began walking her down the hallway, giving her a shove every now when she would turn her head too much for staring at something, or tug against their grip.

Gal could feel Luke's presence, and she knew he was angry, beyond angry, and it worried her deeply. To be feeling such hatred in a place surrounded so much by the dark side of the Force, it would be easy to slip up.

But there was another presence there, it was dark and extremely sinister. It was Darth Vader.

+

"Good! Your hate has made you powerful! Now, fulfil your destiny and take your father's place by my side!" Palpatine bellowed to Luke, who was standing over a wounded Vader.

Luke looked down at his father's missing hand, then down at his own upon realising he had become too much like Vader. He would not go down the same path, he refused. Stepping away from him, Luke threw his lightsaber to the side.

"Never. I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me," e said confidently, but Palpatine and Vader knew he feared for his life.

Palatine's smirk turned into a frown, once realising Luke wasn't going to turn to the dark side after all the temptation and opportunities that had been thrown at him.