five

here's a small filler chapter, a full-length chapter will be uploaded soon !!

~

WORD COUNT: 1.4k

~

19 years later

The pile of logs by the side of the small wooden hut grew larger and larger as Gal effortlessly moved them from the forest line to the shoreline. 

Gal's bond with the Force had grown stronger over the years, to the point she was able to move items much larger than her, without so much as a struggle or strain, whilst occupied with another task.

But it wasn't only her bond with the Force that had grown, her bond with Harley had also. 

She continued to train Harley in the ways of the Force, and Gal had earnt the privilege to watch her grow into a beautiful young woman, who was desperate to go on her own journey, but was conflicted about whether she should leave her Master behind. 

Inevitably the years flew by and Gal aged. Her skin was darker and blotchy due to sun exposer, her hair had noticeable grey roots, yet was still at her usual long length. She was going to cut it during one of her many breakdowns, but decided against it. But her older age didn't slow her down, she was still able to fight just as well as she was able to when she was young, having had practised with Harley so many times.

Practising is what kept her feeling youthful.

Gal's day-to-day schedule consisted of meditating by the sea, spending a short while sparring with Harley, chopping wood, catching dinner, and cooking dinner. For nineteen years. Sure, she and Harley both eventually met a few people who lived a good hike away in the nearby town, but they never spoke to them unless they came down to collect their fishing nets. 

The older Jedi preferred it that way. Her people skills had degraded an unfortunate amount even though Harley was right there with her. 

Gal didn't like to think about Luke and Leia, and when she did think about them, she knew they were safe with their families, and if she knew if had to spend another hundred years in exile to keep them safe, then so be it.

+

"If it isn't my little Colben." 

Gal was so frightened by the voice that spoke to her, she dropped the bucket in her hand, spilling the small rocks all over the sand, rocks that she had spent almost two hours collecting. 

She looked up and squinted at the ghost of a young woman standing in front of her, who she could see almost as clear as day. Gal could even make out the blue shimmer on her dark skin that reflected the sunlight when she stood a certain way. 

"Master Gallia," she said in awe before remembering to bow out of respect.

As Gal knelt down to pick up all the rocks she dropped and slowly inspected them for noticeable damage, she questioned herself whether she really saw Adi, or whether she was finally losing it all at once. She didn't think she was that insane. 

"What are you doing out here kid?" Adi sighed, noticing the defeated look that was permanently on Gal's face. 

No, definitely wasn't losing her mind, Adi was right in front of her. Was she

"Kid?" Gal laughed and glanced up at her former Master. "Master Gallia, I'm older than you now, can't you tell by the grey hair?" 

Adi smiled and nodded, sitting down on a tree stump that had been tossed into the sand, near the spot that Gal was kneeling in as she tossed the spilt rocks back into the bucket.