Chapter IV

"Kim Seokjin

"Kim Seokjin.. was a slave?" You asked for the nth time but it still taste foreign in your tongue.

"Yes Princess. He couldn't even look people straight in the eye before. But look at him now! I'm pretty sure his second name now is confidence." Yoongi said with a chuckle. A fond look on his face and a sparkle in his eye that you could only describe as proudness. Being proud of how his brother came to be.

You've always seen Kim Seokjin with so much finesse and gusto that the version Yoongi was talking about was pretty hard to imagine. Let alone accept the fact that it was real.

"I know. Looking at him now, you wouldn't think even for a second that he was someone who bended to other person's will. But that's just how it was in the past you know. If you were born in a family of slaves, it's hard to go out of it. Most of them-us didn't even thought of escaping that life. Because well, there's really no way to escape it.

Jin hyung was one of those. Those who just accepted his fate that he'd be serving other people until he die. Enough that when I took him from Rodrigo and told him he's free to do anything he likes, he thought he was dreaming and when it was long enough to justify it as a dream, he even thought he was in coma!" Yoongi said comically, his eyes widening incredulous making you chuckle along with him.

"I understood where he's coming from though.
If people these days thinks that life's unfair, it was so much worse before. Money was literally the law and those who have it has the power. Slaves was nothing but a mere instrument for people like them: someone they could buy, they could sell or even throw away.

And slaves who die from their master's hand aren't unheard of. It was pretty normal actually. It's fucked up I know.

So believe me when I say that he's come a long way Princess. A long long way. Above and beyond from the shell of the person he was before."

And you did. Believe him. It's just difficult to imagine that it was Jin. It's like it was another person Yoongi is talking about. But you believe him nonetheless.

He continued to tell you stories of how Jin was before, Jin's development from a shy bug to the man that he is right now. He also shared some of their adventures and misadventures. Your favorite was the story when Yoongi first brought Seokjin with him out to the world after Jin was healed.

Seokjin, the obedient person that he is didn't even ask Yoongi where they'll be going. He just changed his clothes, courtesy of Yoongi, which Jin profoundly tried to declined but accepted nonetheless with Yoongi's persuasion.

It was Jin's first clothes that has different fabric than linen, expensive, and the guy was obviously thrilled but bothered by it. Bothered, because he's never met a master that gave him clothes, let alone an expensive one.

He's more bothered than not knowing where they're going.

Outside the house awaits a carriage to take the men to where they'll be heading. Yoongi got in first and seated, not taking a peak at the other guy. Assuming that Jin would follow him.

It was a few minutes when Jin haven't gotten in that Yoongi checked to see what's keeping the other guy. And was floored to see Jin just standing outside it, expecting that he'll walking alongside the carriage, not knowing that he'll be riding too.

To his defense, he had always travelled through his feet. Even though the location is miles away from where he is.

So when Jin was seated on Yoongi's opposite side of the carriage and the driver whipped the horse and the horse shouted then galoped, Yoongi had the frontrow seat of Jin grabbing anything he could hold to avoid being thrown outside. Not that he would be thrown outside because the carriage has a roof and a door.

According to Yoongi he tried his hardest not to laugh but shit it was hard.

Since it was Jin's first ride, when they arrived at where their destination,  Jin looked like he was dragged to hell and then thrown right back up according to Yoongi.

But the day's adventure didn't stop there. Walking inside a barber shop, Yoongi literally dragged Jin into a chair and asked the barber to make a man out of Jin.

And Jin, as his status before was a slave, understood it quite differently from what Yoongi meant.

He thought that Yoongi was asking the barber to beat the shit out of him so when he saw the barber walk towards him with a pair of scissors on the hand, he wailed and try to run away making Yoongi take a hold of his shoulder while the barber stood behind him.

The first cut the barber made was the time Jin fainted.

Gold. Pure gold.

As the sun descended Yoongi continued to tell you stories after stories of their past with a fond look on his face.

"We've been through a lot Princess, and I can't even explain how grateful I am that he stayed with me. I don't know if I'd be able to survive otherwise."