Chapter 12

I walked to school collecting all my thoughts and trying to figure out a reason to break up with Ashley so that she wouldn't suspect anything, but unfortunately, I came up empty handed.

When I got to school, Ashley ran up to me and jumped into my arms. I was trying to hold back the tears. I wasn't about to just break Ashley's heart, but also mine. "What did you need to talk about babe?" She asked, her gorgeous smile making me want to cry harder than I already do. "I-I think we need to break up." I said, as I watched her face drop. It killed me, as if ever part of me had just died. Seeing her face go from the happy, amazing Ashley to sad Ashley which I caused by breaking up with her. "You're kidding right, Dani this is not funny I love you!" Ashley yelled drawing attention to us. "I don't love you Ashley!" I shouted before running through the crowds of people. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore; they came flowing and I couldn't stop them.

~~~

Ashley avoided me in all my classes. She wouldn't speak to me, which broke my heart even more, but what did I expect I just broke up with her and we were in love. Before I realized it, I was crying again, but this time it was a silent cry. The tears were just streaming down my face and hitting my class work. "What's wrong Dani?" Megan asked. "I broke up with Ashley." I responded. Ashley looked at me with her sad eyes, and all I knew was I had to get out of there.

Before I knew it, I was out of the class and telling my teacher to screw herself. I left the school and I walked to the beach. It wasn't far from the school, so I figured I could chill there until school ended. I would probably get a suspension since I told the teacher to screw herself, but in this moment, I didn't care, I just hoped I chose the right thing for Ashley's safety. She was all I cared about.

"Dani!" I heard a familiar voice call. Shit, it was Megan.