Chapter 14

I couldn't fall asleep that night. I couldn't get my mind off the fact that someone was stalking me and threatening Ashley. I was thinking about all the outcomes, Ashley could still be hurt, I mean they already put her in a coma.

~~~
After a night of thinking and getting no sleep I went to school. When I got there, I could see people's eyes on me. I felt horrible. I saw Ashley by her locker crying, but I knew I couldn't talk to her, I couldn't be seen with her or else she would pay the consequences. I walked past her, with an emotionless face. I could see her start to cry harder out of the corner of my eye, but her friends stayed with her to comfort her. I saw someone run up beside me. It was Megan. "What's up?" She asked. I shrugged my sholders. I couldn't explain my situation to her, she wouldn't understand. "Dani Harper to the principal's office." I heard through the intercom.

When I got to the principal's office, I saw Ashley crying. "Dani, I have heard that you two were having some problems, and since I want to be a better principal, I want to help you to work through them." He spoke. "I can't be seen with her!" I shouted not thinking about what I was saying. Ashley started crying harder. I ran out of the office, and out to the parking lot, to be greeted by Megan. "Want to skip with me?" She asked. I nodded and we left.

~~~

We went to her house which was kind of weird, but I brushed it off. "So, what do you want to do?" I asked. She looked at me biting her lower lip. She walked closer to me to where there was practically no space between us. She leaned in and connected our lips. It still felt different, not like when I kissed a random girl, but not exactly like how it felt when I kissed Ashley. I pushed her away. I wasn't ready to move on yet. "We should stop, me and Ashley just broke up." I said breaking the kiss. "What the hell?!" She shouted. I was saving her the heartbreak. I didn't want to hurt people anymore.

I left after she screamed for another 5 minutes. I didn't need to listen to Megan anymore, I needed to find the stalker.