1.7

I looked at Bucky's sleeping body, watching as the sun started to come out. Today his arm wasn't around me, but I didn't mind. I looked around his very empty room. The only thing noticeable was the bag in the corner and the notebook I had given him when we first arrived. A small smile formed as I picked it up off the ground, flipping through the pages. There were a lot of them but the most recent was from a couple days ago.

And it was about me.

I read it multiple times and my heart was warm. I almost didn't notice Bucky wake up and wrap his arms around my waist. Only when he started kissing my neck, did I realize he had woken up. I turned around to him and he saw the notebook in my hand. "You remembered." He smiled at me, nodding.

"I - uh woke up one morning and you were still sleeping and it just came to me. I remembered how we met and how we were in love and how I wanted to marry you." I smiled wider than I had in a long time. Some tears formed in my eyes as Bucky held me in his arms. I missed him.

He still wasn't the same but he didn't have to be. Because I loved him all the same. "Hey doll?" My heart warmed at the familiar nickname. I looked up at him. "How do you say 'i love you' in Romanian. I smiled and bit my lip. He loved me. He hadn't told me he loved me since before he died.

"Te Iubesc." He looked down at me and smiled.

"Te Iubesc." He repeated perfectly.

"And - umm - how do you say 'i love you' in Russian?" I asked him, making a smirk appear on his lips.

"Я люблю тебя."

"Я люблю тебя." I repeated back, almost perfectly.

His Romanian is much better than my Russian. But it didn't matter, because he loved me. I loved him. I was very in love with him. I had been for 81 years.

Flashback

Clara felt his arms wrap around her waist, but she refused to look at him. She could feel his hot breath on her neck. "But I promise you this. When the war is over, I'm going to come right back to you and I'm going to kiss your pretty little face." She smiled a little. "And doll, when I get back, I'm going to marry you." Her smile rose and she felt him kiss her cheek.

"You want to marry me?" She asked. He turned her around so that she was looking him in his eyes.

"More than anything." He wiped her wet cheeks and pushed some of her hair behind her ear, before kissing her lips softly. And for right then, that was all the reassurance she needed.

And it really was all the reassurance I would ever need.