2.4

I sat in the huge abandoned warehouse that Steve had brought us to. Bucky was held down - his metal arm in a clamp. Steve has patched me up. Luckily there wasn't too much blood loss. I say there, staring at Bucky while Steve kept watch outside. We were wanted fugitives now. Sam was standing next to me as I heard Bucky groan. "Clara?" My eyes go wide as I stand up, walking over to him, not bothering to keep my distance. He looks over at his arm and then back to me.

"Hey, Cap." Sam calls over Steve, who joins us, as we surround Bucky. My hand is in his, caressing it gently.

"Steve." Bucky says as he looks away from me and at Steve.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asks him, arms crossed.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky chuckled. I remembered that. Steve's shoes were always too big, so he stuffed newspapers in them. It also made him a little taller.

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve smirked.

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asks, looking back at Steve.

"What did I do?" Bucky asks. He looks back at me, knowing I would tell the truth.

"Nothing we couldn't handle." I tell him, keeping his hand in mine. He looked down at me, seeing my bandages that had bled through a little. He shook his head as he looked back at me wearily.

"I hurt you." I squeezed his hand. "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." Bucky looked away from me and back at Steve.

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know." Bucky groaned. I looked back at Steve.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know.'" Steve told him. Bucky looked back at me for a quick second, before focusing his sight on Steve. There was something he wasn't telling me.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked. Bucky sighed.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."

I wasn't angry. Maybe a little hurt but it wasn't my place. He didn't have to tell me everything. And I know how much he hates talking about Hydra and what he did for them. "Who were they?" Steve asked him, leaning against a pillar. I was pacing the room back and forth.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky told him, now free from the clamp.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asks, but Bucky shakes his head.

"Worse." Bucky turned to me. "Clara, stop pacing." I looked back at Bucky and bit my lip, sitting back down next to him. I knew that if I didn't sit down. I would've kept pacing. It's a bad habit. Bucky's hand slipped into mine and he squeezed it gently.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asks.

"Enough." Bucky looks away from me and shrugs.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve said, talking about the guy from before.

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming." Sam walked over to Steve and they started whispering. I turned out, facing Bucky, who was bent over, looking down at the ground. "I'm so sorry doll." He whispered, using both of his hands to hold onto mine.