2.2

Bucky was in a different transport as Steve, Sam and I were all in another. T'Challa was with us but none of us were talking. My foot was bouncing up and down as I imagined what was going to happen to Bucky. We were in Berlin now, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything other than Bucky. "So, you like cats?" Sam says, breaking the silence.

"Sam." Steve warns. My head is pressed against the glass.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam asks. I roll my eyes.

"Your suit... it's Vibranium?" Steve asks T'Challa.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'Challa's eyes narrow as he glances sideways. I lean forward.

"He didn't kill your dad. But you'll have to kill me to even touch him." I leaned back in my seat. Steve sits stone faced next to me.

As we are being unloaded, I see Bucky in a glass box and I look back at Steve, who sees him too. My handcuffs are taken off as we get out of the van. My eyes are sad. It's taking everything in my body not to get him out of there. A blonde girl comes up to us, shaking her head. I recognize her. Sharron Carter. She was our 'next door neighbor' before that whole HYDRA is SHIELD incident. "What's going to happen to him?" I ask her, looking back at Bucky.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." A man with white hair says as he walks up to us.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharron says, introducing us.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks, and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Everett says.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." People pass us by, containers full of our weapons. As they pass by, I look behind me to see Bucky. He gives me a sad smile before turning his head away. I hated seeing him like this. Everett leads us away.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" I glare as we continue walking. I look out of the window, seeing the skyline.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." I hear a familiar voice say. I turn, seeing Nat. She looks surprised when she sees me. "Clara, you've been MIA for 2 years." She pulls me into a hug.

"I've been with Bucky. And then apparently he's been convicted of a crime he didn't commit... what is even going on here?" She sighs.

"A lot."

We walk into a room and I see Tony standing there on the phone. "Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat says, walking away. I cross my arms as Tony turns around. He makes eye contact with me and he looks surprised as well.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." He doesn't say anything to me as he shakes his head at Sam and Steve.

"Consequences?" Steve asks as Tony starts to walk away.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony said. Is anyone going to tell me what has been going on these last 2 years?

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asks, smirking.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Nat says, turning around briefly.