25. Godric, The Gloater

"GO AWAY, Des." He tells me in a mumble, eyes closed and slightly annoyed. "I'm fine."

"The fact that you're trying to convince me while you can barely stay conscious tells me you're full of shit." I state and Remus can't help but smile.

"Fine, starve."

"I plan to." I cross my legs from my spot beside Remus on his hospital bed.

He had a particularly bad and painful transformation a couple days ago due to the moon being at perigee. It took a lot out of him, but he hates me doting on him. He maintains that he'll be fine and I should leave, go sleep, or eat, or study, which I don't do while I'm at his bedside. I just tell him to shut up.

"You need to eat." He says and I brush some hair out of his face. His skin is warm like he has a fever.

"So do you, Rem." I remind and he tilts his head out of my touch with annoyance.

"Told you she'd be here, Prongs." Sirius' voice enters the Wing and Remus opens an eye to look at the three of them. "At her boyfriend's side."

I shake my head at his words, and a plate piled high with food is held out in front of me. My eyes turn towards Sirius, who's brought me the meal and I take it.

"Didn't think you'd come to dinner." He admits and sits on the chair beside Remus' bed.

"You're right." Remus goes. "She's insufferable."

Peter hands me the utensils and I thank him as he and James make themselves comfortable around the werewolf. I put a piece of meat on my fork, but instead of eating it, I hand it to Remus. Rather than protesting (like I can tell he wants to by the look on his face) he takes it and chews with a face akin to a child forced to wear their most uncomfortable clothes for a family reunion. The boys laugh at him.

"Wow, Moony." James says. "Luxury treatment. Is Des gonna spoon feed you now?"

"Piss off." Remus mutters with a mouthful, using the fork to steal more off my plate.

I just place the mountain of food beside him before getting up to Sirius' beckoning and sitting on my boyfriends lap. Remus makes a small noise of complaint from my leaving, and I tell him he should have appreciated me.

While Remus eats, James asks if he thinks he'll be okay in a few days for the first Quidditch game - Gryffindor vs. Slytherin - and he assures that he will be. I want to tell him to take it slow, but he sends me a look as if reading my mind and I shut my mouth before I can utter a word.

Gryffindors and their pride.

Peter then tells us about a girl that's caught his sights, which prompts James to tell us about the progress he's making with Lily. Being Head Boy and Girl together means they spend a lot of time with each other, and I'm guessing that's helped with their relationship. James still tries to credit me with the concert idea, but I tell him not to because I really didn't do anything - he's the one that decided to try a different approach, and ones that's working, too.

When Remus finishes half the impossible amount of food that the boys brought, he passes it to me to finish off. My reluctance to leave Remus' side has left me with quite the appetite, so I'm glad that Sirius and them brought enough food for an apocalypse, even if Remus did eat all the good stuff.

~*~

"You need to wear red face paint." Jane tells me and I pull a face.

"I'm wearing red and yellow, that's all they're getting." I tell her on our way to the pitch. "They're never this excited when Hufflepuff plays."