Epilogue

"WHERE'S OUR boyfriend?" Sirius' voice is quiet as he enters the kitchen.

"Somewhere with Tonks." I say, looking him over skeptically.

He sees what I'm doing and sighs, holding his arms out and giving me a twirl like the drama queen he is. I notice his hair is no longer greasy, meaning he showered like I told him to, and his clothes are new, so he changed. I smile as he walks over to a cabinet.

"I'm beginning to get jealous." He remarks and takes out a bottle of whisky.

I accio it under my breath and my husband raises his eyebrows at me as he watches it fly into my hand.

"No drinking 'til after dinner." My voice is stern and he slumps over to me. "You can keep busy by helping me cook."

"I hate you." He mumbles, kissing me on the cheek and I giggle.

His arms wrap around my waist and he places his head on my shoulder with a sigh. I keep an eye out to see if he makes a move for the alcohol, but he just rests himself against me as if he's about to fall asleep while I chop the food.

I prefer to cook the muggle way, it takes more time which gives Sirius an excuse to do something besides drink. Whether it be the odd time he helps, or the more probable just talking to me, I can't have him fall into another episode of solitude. Grimmauld place doesn't allow for much, so we have to improvise most of the time, and while I used to go out into the field more (tracking down Pettigrew to get Sirius' name cleared) I find myself spending a lot more of the days with my husband inside, just to make sure he's alright. Remus and I take turns watching him, because we both fear that we'll turn our backs and he'll be gone once again.

He starts leaning his weight onto me and I wobble slightly, struggling to stand upright instead of falling into the counter.

"Sirius, stop." I say, knowing his favourite way to kill time is to annoy me.

He listens, relieving me of the pressure, and for a couple seconds I'm able to continue cutting my vegetables.

Then his hands slide to mine, and he grabs them from the outside to move them around like a rag doll or marionette. He makes me drop the knife with a clatter and lifts them into the air. I raise an eyebrow.

"Are my hands magically moving around themselves?" I ask.

"How strange." Sirius says as he maneuvers around to stand beside me. I see the smile itching on his face and let him have his fun, pretending it annoys me for effect.

"My, my." I sigh. "What are they going to do next?"

Sirius moves my hands to the cucumbers, grabbing a single slice and I truly wonder what he's doing. He makes my limbs pause in front of me, then, in one quick motion, he flicks the cucumber at my face.

I gape as it splats against my forehead, sticking and sliding down a couple centimetres of my skin before falling to the floor.

Sirius bursts out in, probably, the most genuine and light-hearted laugh I've heard since his escape. He instantly looks years younger and I can't help but grin as I take my hands back and wipe my face.

"Sirius Black, you suck." I laugh and he bends down to pick up the cucumber, throwing it back onto the counter.

"Desdemona Black, you keep me sane." He says and sits down on the bench by the table with a smile on his face. Ever since I changed my name he jumps on every opportunity to say it.

I shake my head and go to turn back to the food when a presence is at the door.

"Hi, Harry." I call to him as I watch his head searching the room before his eyes land on us. "How's cleaning?"