Unnecessaryrant-

*Detroit Evolution whatever thing comes out*

Me:

Me:

Me:

Me: *sighs*

Me: *watches the film*

Reed900: *exists*

Me: brUH-

Alright, before y'all hate on me, I just wanted everyone to understand that Detroit Evolution was an excellent film- especially due to its incredibility being made by very devoted fans. It had a good plot and was executed nicely– as if in a way professionally. And it was indeed a stunning piece that really showed and grew characters from DBH that didn't really have a story of their own originally.

Personally, I don't like Reed900, it's just a ship that never really seemed to make all that much sense to me. Yes, I can understand why people like it due to the fact that the story most people put behind the ship is something most fans want and like to see— a character fixing a broken one to bring them up in a sense, or just hot sex...

It's also the fact that I like trying to match ships that seem most canon to me and or make the most sense in my mind; and being the bitch ass narcissist I am- I don't necessarily enjoy seeing things that don't work to me and being left alone with no one that gets what I enjoy..

Watching the film, and being technically inactive within the fandom for a bit/not having an opinion on ships that much anymore, the movie really brought me into a new view of this ship. Before when I was relatively new and very much active in this fandom, I honestly didn't want to see this ship or give it a chance due to my strong stan(dieness???) with RK1700. Also due to many people only liking it for the sex and kinks and all that shit.. which to me, that's not all there is to a couple- and I found it annoying how people only liked it for that. But I guess it was because again- didn't make sense to me.

I don't see Gavin as a gay man.

Yes, Bryan (Connor's stage actor, dude, guy, person??) makes jokes all the time- screaming: "GAVIN REED IS GAY-" and everyone gets a laugh out of it- hell I do too, but I just don't understand why people take it as "canon" and literally make a character in the game labeled that, when most likely it isn't true. Yes, Gavin's actor is gay or.. I think it was said somewhere.. that's great but I just don't like it when people have to drag real life people's preferences/etc. into a game and or show they're in and combine them with characters that they play, depending, that are/can be way different from them. It's an immature move imo— again, completely my thinking and anyone can disagree, that's fine. But I don't know, is it just me who gets annoyed by that stuff? Like seeing fan-art that is completely SUPPOSED TO BE FANON and you see people commenting things like, "this is canon and no one can change my mind about it." Like if you think about it, that's in a way putting other ships down cause, for example, people who ship Gavin and Tina lets say, or any other ships that involve Gavin that is not Reed900, they see that comment about Gavin and Nines and think, "well shit, maybe this is canon and my ship has no chance?" Not saying this is all people but, some people can and are like this, but just don't talk about it.

But I'm trailing off from the main shit I started with this.. The film Detroit Evolution, was very well written, a great story that really pulls viewers in. But,

It didn't feel like it was DBH related film to me as a person watching it for the first time, and viewing it as a non-biased pov.

Again, the take on characters were definitely used in a correct way, but the way I viewed their interactions.. was both understandable but in the same sense, not in character. We see Gavin break down in his bedroom and Nines comes rushing in to comfort him. In my mind, Nines wouldn't have been assigned to work with Gavin in the first place due to Gavin being more hostile towards androids than Hank, and also being a better prototype who could work practically all on his own- never mind rushing into his room and holding him like the world depended on it. Yes, deviancy is a thing in the film, but seeing for example, deviant Connor's persona, I wouldn't think Nines would be all lovey dovey and holding hands in a sense that gives off a vibe that is- well, gay. Yes, Hank mellowed down because of Connor, but he had a reason to. Hank believed in a way, androids were something else, depending on and most outcomes in gameplay choices, even though he rarely talks about it; whereas we see Gavin really only interacting with fellow humans, and treating Connor like shit. Yes, people can change their views on androids, we see that with Hank and Connor and again, depending on the outcome, all of Detroit, but Gavin.. I just can never see it- or fully at least.. It would be cliche if that type of story was used a second time if ever made canon for RK900 and Gavin to meet. There wouldn't be anything new there, just a more, snarky and possibly violent relationship regarding work. If said a dlc for DBH came out, having a scenario with Reed900, I would be in all honestly shocked. But only if written in a way that again, is the same as Hank and Connor's just– well, more fan serviced.

Again, I may not like Reed900, but I never said I was completely against it. Just so many stories out there and fan fics and head canons are so over used and unoriginal, (it kinda destroyed all chances of me giving the ship a fair chance.) Some of which don't really make sense to common society like many I see- Gavin's a tsundere or whatever/however you spell it.

maNs liTerAlLy iN HiS thiRtiEs oR soMethIng– I don't think he says shit like: "I-It's not like I like you or anything uwu"

Or the fics where Gavin usually starts off with the lines of: "I phcking hate you–" *gets slammed against a wall by Nines*

Gavin: Well I think I'm gay—

I mean, whatever floats your boat, but come on..

Again, getting off topic, this is about Detroit Evolution. Again, the film, for the hundredth time so I don't get comPLETELY DEMONETIZED FOR POSTING THIS POSSIBLY— was a well interpreted view of what would happen if Gavin and Nines met after the game ended. I personally loved the lines each actor and actress had, which they did a phenomenal job in playing their vanilla characters, just the way with the story was off. The whole idea of an RK100 was cool, but the way it was portrayed was weird.. It's relatively hard to explain but.. Like Gavin was getting jealous or little things like that, just.. idk. Again hard to explain. Especially with words that most probably by now will be read as hateful or toxic or what not.

Well anyway.. don't remember where I was going with this.. I guess I just wanted to say that DE was a great film, just did not like the idea of most of the scenarios and how specific things turned out with characters.

(Please do not take my opinion or words to heart if any of this offended you, was not trying to call out anyone or anything in specific that would do harm in any way. My apologies if I had– if this gets enough hate, it will be taken down.)