Chapter 1

Kei Tsukishima was standing exactly where he did every morning.

Leaning against one of the creaky old wood posts that bordered the park, the one that had been chipped from when Kageyama smashed Hinata into it.

A misty air hung over the venue, slightly fogging up his glasses and forcing him to take them off and rub them against his black volleyball jacket.

"Tsukki!" He didn't have to have his glasses on to realise it was Tadashi Yamaguchi, but there was a second voice mixed in...and maybe even a third?

"Four-eyed jerk face" Someone muttered.

"Seriously? Hinata?" Tsukki rolled his eyes, frowning angrily as he checked to make sure his glasses were clean.

"Hey, I'm here as well!" Nishinoya quipped energetically, darting forward and snatching Tsukki's glasses off of him.

Tsukishima let out an agitated sound as Yama spoke "Nishinoya give them back!" 

"Shut up Yamaguchi" He muttered at him making a wild grab at Noya and missing.

Hinata laughed, clutching his stomach as Tsukki failed to catch Yu once again.

On his third attempt (Hinata was rolling around on the ground) he managed to grab Noya's jacket and lifted him up.

"Give them back" Kei said in an annoyed tone, grasping a hand around Noya's wrist but suddenly there was a flash of red hair as Hinata got the glasses off Noya and went running off.

"I swear shorty-" before he could speak, Hinata let out a squeak as he knocked into someone. Tsukki could make out Yama standing there. He had blocked Shoyo and knocked him down. 

Yamaguchi picked up the glasses and turned to Tsukki but instead of being gentle he shoved them into Tsukki's hands and said "I'm not useless you know"

He adjusted his bag and kept walking, Tsukki gaping sheepishly.

"You should shut your mouth Tsukishima, you look like a goldfish" Hinata teased, brushing dirt off his arms as he stood up.

Tsukki clamped his mouth shut, shaking his head while Noya smirked at him.

"Is Tsukki sad that Tadashi had to stand up to him?"

Yama seemed to stop walking for a second, scanning backwards and catching Tsukki's eyes.

Tsukki blushed ever so slightly but said loudly "No. Of course not."

Yama let out an 'mmph' and marched off, Hinata following him while talking at a very high volume.

He never does that

Tsukki narrowed his eyes and followed the other two, trying to squash down the weird, unsettling feeling in his stomach.

"Whatever. He's the one who chose to be with me-BE FRIENDS WITH ME YOU KNOW I MEANT THAT!" He shouted as Noya sniggered uncontrollably.

They entered the school and Noya went off to the left with Hinata, Noya putting his arm around the others shoulder as they laughed at a joke. 

Tsukki opened his mouth to say something to Yama and then closed it. 

It wasn't my fault. He's just being too emotional.

They walked through the hallway, Tsukki's long legs letting him catch up to Yama.

But as they turned a corner Yama suddenly fell backwards, behind the taller boy.

Tsukki knew he could have kept up to his long strides if he wanted to, the freckled face boy had been learning to keep up with him for 5 years.

He could feel his face going red with anger. What was up with Yama?

"Enough!" He shouted, knocking Yamaguchi against the wall and pinning him to it.

A girl with a pixie hair cut who was walking past gave them a curious look and pushed open the door to the closest classroom.

"What's wrong with you? You're acting like I'm the worst person in the damn world! What did I do?" He pushed his forehead up against Yamaguchi's, staring straight into his eyes.

"Tsukki-" Yama said, blushing furiously as Tsukki pushed him a little harder into the wall.

"TSUKISHIMA WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Someone yelled.

Tsukki pushed himself away from Yama, beginning to blush as he realised how close they had been.

Koshi Sugawara was the one who had shouted. He ran a hand through his grey hair, checking over Yama with his eyes to make sure he was ok.

"Dick move Tsukishima!" The boy next to Suga said with a gaze of fire. 

They were getting the wrong idea. Tsukki wasn't trying to hurt him-he would never.

"Boys!" They all spun around. A tall man with broad shoulders and pale skin was staring at them nastily, his long black hair slung across his left shoulder in a ponytail. 

"Why aren't you in class? Especially you Mr Ryūnosuke, how many times have you been late this  week?" His voice sounded like nails scratching on a chalk board.

"Sorry sir" Tanaka responded unconvincingly, not answering the question. He nodded goodbye to the grey haired boy next to him before turning around and walking away as fast as he could.

Sugawara gave him a small smile and then headed off to his own class.

Tsukki could feel Yama staring at him. He gripped his school bag tightly and went to leave.

"Tsukki wait-" but he was already gone.

Yama sighed. His heart was racing. And he couldn't stop replaying what had happened in his mind.

How close Tsukki had been...

And how he had felt when it happened.