Chapter 5

When Yama woke up the next morning he was late.

As he sprinted around the house (with his mother screaming bloody murder at him) he couldn't help thinking back to what exactly had made him late.

Well of course he'd had the lunchtime practice with Suga but that wasn't for long...and then there was practice after school but it ended early...plus the studying and he should have gotten at least 8 hours of sleep.

Deep down he knew why he was late.

"It was just a stupid dream," He muttered, slapping himself with the free hand that wasn't holding his toothbrush.

"C'mon Tadashi get yourself together," He took a deep breath and let himself have a second of peace before his mum started on a rampage again.

A few minutes later he was being thrown out the door and he hurried off into the morning. 

Yama didn't know why he was disappointed when he couldn't spot a familiar tall figure at the park. He continued on his way and was instead met by Coach Ukai who was walking out the school gates.

"Coach?" Yama exclaimed as he nearly smashed into him "Why are you-"

"No questions kid. Where the hell's glasses?"

Yamaguchi let out an annoyed sigh, "Why the hell does everyone expect me to know where Tsukki is 24/7-"

"Because you like him?"

"WHAT?" Yams eyes widened, as he thought back to the dream he'd had this morning "No-No I-"

"Calm down! You're the only one he allows to say his first name, I just thought you were friends." Something about how the coach spoke didn't sound so convincing but Yamaguchi just gulped.

"Oh yeah-uh right. He wasn't at school yesterday-"

"Do you know where he is or not?"

"...No. I'm sorry." Yama muttered uncomfortably. The coach let out a loud sigh, rubbing his temple with a finger. 

"Well the next time you see him you better tell him if he misses practise today without a good reason he's off the team."

With that he stormed off, leaving Yamaguchi to stand there in shock. 

What? Coach Ukai wouldn't actually do that...would he? 

He pulled out his phone and clicked onto his messages.

Tsukki 🦕

Thursday 8:59 am

Where are you?

Tsukki?

I need to talk to you

With a sinking feeling in his stomach and his head bowed he walked into school.

Barely able to contain himself, he checked his phone in the empty hallway to see if there was a reply and let out a groan when he realised there was nothing. 

"Mr Yamaguchi?" Spoke a cruel voice.

He spun around and came face to face with that same teacher he had seen when Tsukki pushed him up against the wall. 

Tadashi stayed quiet,  playing with a loose thread of the jacket he was wearing. Suddenly he noticed it was a size or two bigger than his own and realised it was Tsukki's. His face turned a slightly deeper shade of pink than usual.