Chapter 13

Kenma brushed his hair out of his face, scrolling through his phone. He didn't jump when he felt an arm around him.

"Heyyy!" Kuroo greeted, leaning over his shoulder to see what he was doing.

"Why were you bluffing yesterday?"

Damn. Straight to the point.

Kuroo shrugged "Wanted to piss Tsukki off. I mean hey, can you blame me?"

"Why do you call him that?" 

Kuroo noticed there was a strange edge to the younger boys voice.

...

Realising what all the questions were about his mouth dropped open.

"You're jealous!" 

Kenma tore his eyes away from the phone "No I'm not!" 

Kuroo did that shit-eating grin "You're jealous of glasses-"

"Shut up." He snapped, resuming his game. His face was emotionless but Kuroo knew he was annoyed.

"Aww, c'mon you know no one could replace you." Kuroo teased but Kenma turned away from him, head bent down.

Kuroo frowned and reached out, putting a hand on his shoulder "Hey-"

"Don't touch me." Murmured Kenma, narrowing his eyes. He clicked the off button on his phone and clutched it tightly, walking off. 

"Alright let's go!" their coach called "We've got an appointment to beat Karasuno!" They filed onto the bus one by one.

Kuroo was the last one on and he examined the seats. There was a single seat on the left side, an extra up the back...and of course a place right next to Kenma. He looked at the setter expectantly but the shorter boys eyes stayed on his device. With a shake of his head he sat down next to him saying quietly:

"I'm sorry about before. There's nothing you can say that would make me stay away from you."

Kenma didn't protest.

***

Yama was waiting at the door. He could hear Tsukki talking to his brother inside and smiled sleepily. 

It was raining, tiny beads of water falling to their deaths as they hit the pavement aggressively.

 Luckily I won't be getting any more freckles in this weather.

He reached a hand up to his face self consciously and Tsukki's words from last night randomly flooded into his mind:

'Why would I need a girlfriend when I have you?'

Surely he meant it as friends. But...the way he was speaking...

A tall boy appeared in the doorway "Sorry about that. Akiteru's been a real dick lately. Ever since I told him about-" he stopped talking out of nowhere, suddenly clamping his mouth shut. Yama didn't question him about it. He was too overwhelmed with happiness now that their friendship was steady.

(Not for long though-)

Instead, he just laughed.

Tsukki raised an eyebrow as he opened up an umbrella "What?"

"That's pretty rich don't you think? I mean coming from you."

Tsukishima shoved him but he continued to giggle, grabbing his best friends wrist and pulling him out onto the road.

They walked, Tsukki occasionally making crude comments about certain people here and there. Yama just smiled at every remark and shook his head, telling the boy about how damn cruel he was.