Reading List Guide

Holden - Bildungsroman

The place for all your coming-of-age stories!

Purity - Realistic Fiction

Stories set in the real world, starring realistic characters. No magic here, just your normal, daily, slice-of-life kind of stuff.

Wind-up Bird - Magical Realism

Where there's always a touch of magic or more!

The Road - Speculative Fiction

The place for all your dystopian, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, horror, and other stories!

Broom of the System - Psychological

Stories dealing with themes such as: psychological, philosophical, absurdist, political, and social.

Behold the Dreamers - Diverse Fiction

Stories involving diverse characters who are part of a minority, and dealing with themes such as immigration, nationalities, religions, disabilities, disorders, etc.

The Color Purple - LGBTQ+

The place for all LGBTQ+ stories, involving all sorts of diverse relationships, gender/sexual identities, and all the representations you can think of.

The Remains of the Day - Historical

The place for all your Historical Fiction stories!

Banyan Tree - Family Saga

For all stories dealing with families, no matter how dysfunctional, whether it's the day-to-day life, or over the course of years or centuries.

Gravity's Rainbow - Experimental

For those who dare. This reading list will include the most experimental pieces of fiction.

Oblivion - Shorts

For all short stories, flash fics, one shots, and anthologies.

The Waste Land - Poetry

For all poetry books, or collections of poems.

Under the table and above the sun - Portuguese Fiction and Poetry

From hidden secrets to crystal clear thoughts, this list is for all those writers who share grammar and lexis with Camões, Pessoa, Assis, Saramago, Lispector, Mia Couto, Ondjaki and others.

The Unnamable - Italian

Reading list specific for stories written in Italian.

A Sense of Shared Destiny - Philippine Metafiction

Reading list of Filipino stories inclined to any avant-garde writing and, on their preferred written dialects, seek out the "truth" in inventive ways.