18 . THE UNHEALED WOUNDS . .

As they sat watching the sunset , there was a calm in the atmosphere and an array of emotions running through them . 

A little later as they were about to resume their journey. 

The mother : Rehaan ko hum humaare saath le lete hai. So jaayega woh thodi hi der mein .

Rehaan : Nahiiii.... looking restless ..... he immediately turns to look at Sonakshi and Rohit ..... Main Palii didi aur dost ke saath hi aaonga . . Looking at Rohit pleadingly 

Rohit looks at Sona as she nods.

Rohit : Thik hai naa. . Hum sambaal lenge ....

Hesitantly the mother looks at the father . He nods. 

The mother : Rehaan . . Neend aaye toh bata dena beta .

Rehaan : Haaa maa......Yaayyy ....he runs and jumps as Rohit manages to catch his leap . Sonakshi caresses his hair as she smiles .He then immediately hops onto Sonakshi .

They resume their journey. 

10 minutes into the travel Rehaan starts dozing off in the front .

Rohit : Sona . . Ye so raha hai ? ...panicking ...Kya kare ?. He holds His head with one arm . Please sir pakdo iskaa.

Sonakshi smiles . .  as she moves her hand beside  Rohit's Body to hold Rehaan's head. Mein le leti hoon piche . 

They stop the bike . After Sona gets down as Rohit holds his head , she lifts Rehaan in her arms as he hugs  her in his sleep as a baby  would cling to the mother . Rohit puts the bike on the main stand and takes the red hooded jacket from his bag, the one she had left behind in their room at Sippy mansion. 

Thand hai . . Ye pehen lo. 

Sonakshi looks at the jacket and is immediately reminded of the entire set of memories related to the jacket . 

How Rohit had visited her set to pick up the watch , how he had saved her , how he stared at her , how he was impressed with her trying to study in between the shoots , how she was not ready to let go of the jacket and how she had sheepishly lied to him when he asked her for it. There were so many memories . 

 It was her most precious jacket . But then what was the point in taking it with her , when she had left her heart , her reason to breathe , her Rohit ... behind? . . she thought 

Rohit : Tumhaara jacket tum ghar mein chod aayi thi.

Sonakshi : Mera nahi hai boh. 

Rohit : Ek baar di hui cheeze mein waapas nahi leta . He looks at her sternly.

Sonakshi gives him an annoyed look.

Rohit : Thand bad rahi hai . . Le lo....

Looking at Rehaan in her arms . . she looks at Rohit. 

He comes and picks up Rehaan from her . Sonakshi wears the jacket  and looks at Rehaan .  Rohits helps her on the bike with one hand and hands over Rehaan to her . She holds him close to her body , his head on her chest and looks at Rohit with an expectation . 

Rohit smiles and pulls the jacket around Sonakshi and Rehaan and zips it up. 

It almost felt like a protective mother holding onto her most precious baby. The way Sonakshi held him close spoke volumes about her possessiveness for her new found child . . her love child. 

Content with what he saw in front of him , Rohit carefully gets onto the bike . Sonakshi holds Rehaan with one hand and Rohit's shoulder with another as he jerks to take the bike off the stand .The journey continues.

Sonakshi : Pata nahi main iske bina kaise rahungi. Holds Rehaan a little more closer. Mujhe toh yeh mera hi lagta hai. 

Rohit : Aur main ? .....Mere bina reh logi ? ..... Main kuch nahi lagtaa ?

Sonakshi : Tumhaare bina rehne ki aadat bana li hai.

 Rohit gulps his saliva : Sona . . Ek mauka toh do mujhe . Baat tak nahi ki hai humne ab tak .

Sona : Baat karne ke liye kya bacha hai Rohit. Jaha rista hi nahi raha , waha baat karke kya fayda?

Rohit : Tumhe such mein mere saath nahi rehna ? 

Sonakshi : Iss se kya farak padta hai Rohit ki main kya chaahati hoon?

 Zindagi aise mod pe layi hai ki chaahane , na chaahane se kuch nahi badal sakta hai. .....She sighs .....

Pata hai ? Ek puri zindagi khul ke jeena chaahati thi mein tumhaare shaath  . . Ek puri zindagi . . 

Teen mahine tak thik se nahi jee paaye hum saath mein. Tumne toh ye bhi keh diya ki muj se pyaar aur shaadi karna tumhaari sabse badi galati thi. Aur mein nahi chaahati hoon ki tum koi bhi galati phir se dohraaho aur uss galati ka kaaran main ban jaao.

Rohit : Sona . . Hum baithke baat karte hain. Pyaar karta hoon main tumse . 

Sonakshi : Mujhe koi baat nahi karni hai Rohit. Main ye sab nahi bhool sakti.  Pyaar toh tum tab bhi karte the jab tumne mere kapde room se bahaar phenke the.  

Pyaar toh main bhi tumse karti hoon par pyaar kaaafi nahi hota hai. Izzat bhi karni hoti hai.

Rohit knew every single mistake he had done . With every passing moment Sonakshi was opening every wound that he had given to her , yet she was not allowing him to treat her. There was silence for a few minutes . But Rohit was not giving up so easily.

Rohit : Thik hai ...... Agar tumhe aisa lagta hai toh hum iss ke barre mein abhi baath nahi karte hai . Sonakshi drops a tear . At least meri ek baat sunogi ?

Sonakshi : Bolo ....

Ye shaayad humaari aakri raat hai saath mein. Hum ye sab bhool kar aaj ki raat poori tarah se ji sakte hai . .agar tum chaaho toh . Kal ke baad hum shaaayad kabhi saat na ho .

Sonakshi feels emotional as she moves a little ahead as she tightens her hold around his waist  as a sign of approval and gives Rehaan a peck on his head. 

The rest of the journey was spent in silence ,in their thoughts just feeling each other presence and their love child in between .

Rohits thoughts : Main tumhe puri tarah se iss dard se bahaar leke aaunga Sona. Mera waada hai. Tumhe har woh khushi doonga jo main abhi tak nahi de paaya...... chaahe toh mujhe iss ke liye kuch bui karna pade . Ye humaare nayi life ki shuruwaat hai.

Sonakshis thoughts : Kaash mein ye sab bhool paati Rohit. Bohot pyaar karti hoon main tumse. Par ye dard bhi itna hai ki mujhe chain se jeene nahi dega . Humaara saat yahi tak hai.