73. SORTING OUT THINGS . .

Sonakshi was unable to sleep all night . She had tossed and turned in restlessness all through and had finally woken up at 5:30 . It was just beginning to dawn as she sat on the far edge of the bed with her knees pulled close to her body , her whole torso shrunk up close , her hands around her knees and her head bent on them . Her breathing was heavy . 

Rohit just stirred . Not finding her besides him he opens his eyes . Though the low light of early dawn he saw her figure in the distance on the bed , all pulled up together . 

He wakes up and sits  . 

R : Sona . . 

S : Hmmmmm

He moves closer to the other side on his knees , caresses her head gently . . 

R :Sona . . Kya hua ?

S : kuch nahi . . 

He goes close to her and finds a place just next to her , wraps his hand around her and kisses her on the head  . 

R : Kab se jagi ho ?

S : Thoda time hua . . Looking at him with tired eyes . 

R : Soyi nahi tum thik se ? 

She moves closer to him as he hugs her tighter . She places her hand over his other hand and gently rubs it with her thumb .

S : Rohit . . Tum chaloge award function mein ?

R : Nahi . . 

S : Please 

R : Nahi Sona . . 

S : Mere liye bhi nahi ? 

R : Aisaa mat karo Sona . You know the reason . 

Sonakshi looks at him with a sad look on his face . 

R : Meri surgeries hai. Pehle bataya hota to reschedule kar data . Ab possible nahi hai .

S : Jhoot bol rahe ho naa ? 

He smiles . . Nahi 

S : Please . . 

R : Nahi Sona . . Sach mein surgeries hai. Aur nahi hoti toh bhi nahi chalta .

Sonakshi looks at him with tears welling up . 

He kisses her temple while tears roll out from her eyes . 

R : Dekho sona . Tumhe mujhpe bharosa karna seekhna hoga . Nahi toh humaaara past har waqt humaaare present pe bhaari padega . 

S : Main karti hoon tum pe bharosa .

R : Karti toh tum pehle bataati . . Past mein kuch hua hai ,mujhe pata hai. Uske baad bhi bahut kuch hua hai. Woh bhi toh dekhna padega naa ? Zindagi ke ek hi pehlu ko dekh kar puri zindagi hum jee nahi paayenge . You have to trust me enough to allow me to rectify the mistakes .. Jo tum ne nahi kiya . 

S : I am sorry . . 

R : But if you love me . . I want you to go .

S : Rohit . . 

Rohits nudges her on the shoulder . . Dont worry . Iss sab se mera pyaar kam nahi hoga . . na hi mere Suhaag Raat  ki iccha . . he laughs . She smiles . 

S : Chalo naa . . 

R : Nahi Sona . Learn to trust me first . Itna sab hone ke baad , you should know how much I want you in my life . Aur agar tum ye jaanti ho , toh you should also know that I will not repeat my mistakes .