Chapter 8

I woke up to the smell of breakfast.

"Morning Cub." I heard Dean say. "Got you breakfast." He threw a folded bread at me. I sniffed it. Dean noticed. "It's a breakfast burrito." Given my confused expression, he elaborated; "There is meat, eggs and something else in it."

"Thanks." I said as I started eating.

"So you were up researching late last night?" I directed the question to them both, since Sam had just emerged from the bathroom.

"There is a ton of lore on ships. Most of the time was just sorting through it all." Sam answered.

"So how did that go?" I took another bite.

"Fine I guess, although not a whole lot on how you waste them or the spirits attached." Dean answered.

"Shame." I kept eating.

"Sorry if we kept you awake." Sam said as he took a gulp of his coffee.

"No you didn't. I just woke up to transform." I ate the last of the burrito. "Oh and thanks for not shooting me."

"It was kinda weird waking up to a wolf sleeping on the floor but you're welcome." Dean chuckled.

I smirked and grabbed some clothes and walked to the bathroom to change. I wore some of the new clothes including a dark blue flannel, a t shirt and a pair of black highwaisted  ripped jeans. As well as my black boots. My hair was just finger combed again.

When I came back out, Dean got a call on his phone. "Yeah what is it? Yeah we will be there in a moment. Yeah. Thank you." He then hung up.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Another drowning, come on Sam, let's go." Dean said and grabbed his jacket.

"Can I come?" I asked.

"No." Dean said sternly.

"Come on. I could be helpful." I whined.

"No. Besides what would they think if a teenager was following two FBI agents to a crime scene?" Dean pointed out.

"Just drop me off and then I can walk over there." I pointed out. Dean just walked out without saying anything.

"Sorry maybe next time." Sam sent me a sympathetic look before closing the door.

"Great." I mumbled. "Just me and the books then."

I slumbed down on the conspicuously stained couch and started reading.

About two hours later, the boys returned again.

"So did this victim see the ship too?" I asked.

"How did you know?" Dean asked confused.

"While you were going on about the bitch, who got your car towed, Sam filled me in on the case."

"Language." Sam and Dean said in sync.

"What? You say it all the time." I complained.

"Yes and you don't want to do everything, we do." Dean said. I just rolled my eyes.

"So what did you find out?" I asked.

"Warren saw the ship and he drowned in the bathtub. That's not the biggest problem though." Dean explained.

"What is it then?" I leaned forward.

"Warren's brother saw the ship too." Sam started.

"And he isn't dead yet." Dean continued.