Chapter 26

The boys had arrived too at the hospital, and they had brought Bobby's work along to see, if he could help us get to the bottom of this.

"Hey, Bobby." Dean asked while Sam were out of the room. That uhm... That stuff, you know all the stuff with your wife? Did that actually happen?"

"Everybody get into huntin' somehow." He answered with a sad expression.

"I'm sorry." Dean said.

"Me too." I quickly chimed in.

"Don't be sorry." Bobby said sadly. Clearly it still hurt a lot. "If it weren't for you, I would still be lost in there. Or dead. Thank you."

We shared a brief moment of silence, before Sam came back into the room. "So stonerboy wasn't in his dorm. My guess is he is long gone by now."

"He aint much of a stoner." Bobby told us.

"No?" Dean asked.

"His name is Jeremy Frost." Bobby started explaining. "Full on genius, 160 IQ. Which is saying something, considering his dad took a baseball bat to his head."

"How can someone do that to their own child?" I asked in disgust.

"Here is father of the year." Bobby handed Dean and I a picture, and I could feel my anger start to rise. "Calm down, kiddo." I took a deep breathe. "He died before Jeremy was 10."

"Looks like a real sweetheart." Sam remarked.

"The injury gave him Charcot-Wilbrand, he hasn't dreamt since." Bobby said.

"Until he started dozing the dream drug." Dean tried.

"Jep." Bobby agreed.

"How did he know how to dig up your worst nightmare and throw it at you?" Dean asked puzzled.

"Hey, he was rooting around my skull, God knows, what he saw in there." Bobby explained.

"How did he get in there in the first place?" I asked.

"Yeah, isn't he supposed to have your hair, your DNA or something?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah." Dean and I agreed.

Yeah." Bobby started. "Before I knew it was him, he offered me a beer. I drank it. It was the dumbest freaking thing."

"Well, I don't know, it wasn't that dumb." Dean said chuckling slightly.

"Dean, you didn't?" I sighed.

"I was thirsty." Dean tried to reason.

"That's great." Sam exclaimed. "Now, he can come after either one of you."

"We just have to find him first." Dean reasoned.

"We better work fast." Bobby commented. "And coffee up cause if there is one thing, we can't do, its fall asleep."

It was two days later, and Sam, Dean and I were driving around in the Impala. We hadn't gotten any closer to finding Jeremy, and everyone was getting on edge from being up for so long without sleep.

"This Jeremy guy is not a freaking ghost, where the hell could he be?" Dean yelled irritable.

"Dean, you're sure, you don't want me to drive, you seem a little..." Sam started. "Caffeinated."

"Well thanks for the newsflash, Edison." Dean yelled back, as the phone rang and Dean took it. "Tell me, you got something."

"The strip club was a bust, huh?" I heard Bobby ask. Don't worry, I had waited outside, while they were in there.