Chapter 19

We had just been at the store, who sold the wreaths. The man there told us, that a Mr. and Mrs. Carrigan, where the ones, who had made them, and told him to sell them at his store.

So that was, where we were heading right now.

As we pulled up, you could see the most overdecorated front lawn that I had ever seen. Granted, I hadn't seen that many front lawns, but the ones, I had seen, didn't even come close to this one.

"The center of evil." Dean said unconvinced that this was the place. "I always thought, you would find it in the suburbs."

"Let's just go up there and talk to them." Sam said just wanting this to be over with.

We walked up the steps, and Dean rang on the door making it sing some strange melody, which I could only guess had something to do with Christmas. An elderly woman in a red sweater opened the door.

"What can I help you with?" She said in such a strange voice, but there was also something wrong about it. She sounded sickly sweet.

"Are you Mrs. Carrigan?" Dean asked.

"Well, yes I am." She smiled at us.

"Great." Dean snapped his fingers. "You see, we were over at the Caldwells here the other night, playing games, and we noticed this beautiful wreath. We tried to find some at the store but he said you made them and to see you had some more."

"Who is it, honey?" An older man in a blue sweater came forward.

"Oh these boys and this lovely young lady was just asking about the wreaths, I made." She replied eyeing me in particular.

"Uh, care for some peanut brittle?" He said.

Dean tried taking some before Sam grabbed his arm. "We're good."

"Yeah, we just wanted to hear, if there were anymore of those wreaths." I chimed in wearing the sweetest smile, I could.

"Oh, I'm sorry sweetie, but we have sold all the ones we had." Mrs. Carrigan said.

"Okay."

We were back at the motel, where Dean had called Bobby, while Sam did some more research. "I knew it." He started gaining our attention. "Something was way off with those two."

"What did you find, Sam?" I asked.

"The Carrigans lived in Seattle last year, where two abductions took place right around Christmas. They moved here in January. All that Christmas crap in their house, it wasn't bells of holly, it was, as Leona said, vervain, meadowsweet and mint."

"Pagan stuff?" Dean questioned.

"Serious pagan stuff." Sam answered eagerly.

"So what Ozzie Harriet is keeping a pagan hiding underneath the plastic covered couch?"

"I dont know, we gotta check them out." Sam said. "So what about Bobby? He is sure those stakes will kill this thing right?

"Yes," Dean said as he had just gotten off the phone with Bobby. "Bobby says that the stakes of evergreen should be kill them."

"So are we grabbing some stick or do we already have them?" I asked.

"Evergreen, we can easily find, but we have to sharpen them into stakes." Sam concluded.

I Helped sharpen the stakes as Dean had come back inside with them.

"Dean, you are hitting everywhere but the trashcan." I gestured to the floor.