Thirty Two.

"Live a life that you'll be proud of. Don't worry about no one else," -J.v.Z

It had been a week and a half since I was discharged from the hospital. It was just a small wound, barely there, but Joaquin insisted that he'd do everything for me. 

Well, he wouldn't let me jump him.

"I'm getting you this shirt," I said matter-of-factly, knowing that he was going to look so good in Armani. He rolled his eyes, folding up his clothes to put in the drawer that I allowed him to have in case he decided to stay overnight, which he was doing more often than not.

"Just make sure to stay within the budget," Joaquin replied and I staked my gaze on his shirtless figure, realizing that he indeed did have a hot bod. The way his muscles rippled as he opened and closed doors, or the way his back stretched when he reached up in the closet like it was a task that he had been doing his whole life.

"I think I'm gay for you, Joaquin."

"..."

He turned around to shoot me an unimpressed glare, though there was a hint of a small smile on his lips. "Well yeah, I would hope so, considering we had sex countless times since we got together," He rolled his eyes, trying to hide that faint blush on his cheeks. It never ceased to amaze it at how calm I was about being in a relationship with a whole ass dude.

It was probably because I never looked at it that way. I mean, I knew he was a guy because he was built like a damn brickhouse, but I saw him for what was inside his heart. Maybe that made me a pansexual person. 

"Speaking of, when are we gonna fuck again? I'm dying!" I whined, fighting the urge to rut against the bed like some hormonal animal. "Not until after you're done healing," He gave me an adamant stare that dared me to defy his words and I pouted, feeling needy. "But, like, I need you, Joaquin! How the hell are you so calm while I'm literally drowning in a pool of lust just by looking at you?" I hissed and he snorted, covering his face as he chuckled.

"I'm anything but calm, Cheyenne," He swallowed tightly, his voice dark and husky as his eyes raked my body like I was the coldest jug of water, and he was a man who had done a 30-mile marathon. "But I'm not a man who's gonna prey on his lover while he's healing, even if it's just the smallest of wounds. I'm not risking anything even if it's tempting," I pouted, knowing that he was right.

"How noble of you, poor boy."

I was laying on the bed in nothing but the same shirt that he lent me when I stayed overnight at his house, an off-brand shirt, but it was alright because the cotton was soothing and it smelled just like him. Just like everything else about him, his scent was intoxicating.

"How are you feeling about all of this, knowing that Sterling was the one behind this? You haven't said anything and I just don't want you to hold it in," Joaquin offered me a supportive smile, letting me know that he'd be my rock if I needed it.

And I'd be his.

"Honestly, I haven't thought about it. I just have no words," I bit my lip, staring at the bandage wrapped around my shoulder. I shouldn't have been in the same place that I got shot, but it was my home. I wasn't going to let a man like Sterling chase me out. He had been doing so my entire life, and I was not going to give him the satisfaction while he was behind bars.

"But it's not like I didn't expect him to do something like that," I let out a shuddering laugh, shaking my head in disbelief. "I mean, it hurts? But I guess I'm okay now," I gave him that smile that made men and women on the streets fall to their knees and he gazed at me, knowing that he could see right through me.