Chapter 8

~TW: This could be a little iffy for some people, it involved memories from an abusive relationship. Nothing too bad but I thought that I would put this here for those of you who might've been in a relationship like this:(

You and Spencer have been dating for two months, It's been great. You often stayed the night at his apartment and he stayed at yours. You always forgot to bring clothes to change into the next day, so you decided that you would bring a couple of outfits and other essentials to his apartment and keep them there. Spencer thought that this was a good idea, he told you that he would stay at his apartment and clear out a drawer for you while you went to your apartment.

You got up to your door and realized that it was unlocked. That's Weird...I probably just forgot to lock it yesterday. You walked into your apartment and saw that everything was a mess. Did someone break-in? You called Spencer and told him about everything, "y/n come back here, they could still be there!".

You turned around and started walking back to your car. You kept your mind on not running away like a scared little girl. You heard someone walk up to you and say hi. You were making a beeline to your car until they walked up in front of you. You had bumped into them, "Hi, I'm new to this complex. The names Zach, what about you?" "Caroline" you lied. (if your name is Caroline feel free to change it) "Well then, Caroline," He said the name as if he knew you were lying. "Mind showing me around?" you were confused by how upfront he was. "No, sorry I actu-" He grabbed your wrist. "Follow Me", He said with a stern tone. "Let go of me" you whimpered. He hit you and everything went black.

-Spencer's POV-

It's been an hour since I heard anything from y/n. I'm starting to get worried. She only lives 15 minutes away. She should've been back by now. I'll just get Garcia to pin her phone. It's fine. I called Garcia, it was our day off but I figured that she should still be able to work her magic. She was able to find y/n's phone at her apartment but there hadn't been any activity for 30 minutes. Ugh, I told her to leave and now she could be hurt. I thanked Garcia and hung up. I drove as fast as the speed limit would let me to y/n's apartment. When I got there the door was ajar. I had brought my gun with me just in case, so walked in with my gun ready to fire. I was clearing the apartment when I heard a bang from the closet. I opened the door to see y/n hunched over, unconscious. I began to pick her up and rush out, but just as I cleared the threshold of her bedroom I heard two men enter the main doorway. I hurriedly went to her bathroom and locked the door, trying to be as quiet as possible. I placed y/n on the floor and went to guard the door waiting for anyone who dared come in. Y/n began to slowly wake up and I could hear moans and groans coming from her. I walked over to her, but just as I turned my back to the entrance, I heard a loud banging come from the door.

-Y/n's POV-

I began to wake up after the coldness of the tile shot through my body. I remember walking away from my door after calling Spencer, but I don't remember how I ended up here. I heard a banging at the door, sending waves of pain through my head. I looked around and I saw Spencer, gun in hand. I had no idea what was happening, not only that, I was scared. I was guessing he saw the expression because he rushed over and shushed me. Next thing I knew the door was being kicked open with two people. One was Alex, your ex. The other person looked familiar but you couldn't quite place him. Spencer immediately rushed at them, but Alex was too quick. He dodged Spencer attack and hit him back, sending him crashing against the sink. As soon as Spencer's back made contact with the sink you yelped as you were being picked up and thrown onto your bed. You didn't understand this. You hadn't talked to Alex in a year, you had also moved so that way he didn't know where you stayed anymore, yet he still found you.

-Memory-

"Maybe you shouldn't go out so late all the time!" Alex yelled at you slapping you across the face as you whimpered, the stinging intensifying even after initial contact. "You don't get to control my actions, I am an adult!" You retaliated. Alex stared you down as you walked like a dog with its tail between its legs to the bedroom. You knew that this was gonna be a rough night, wasn't every night rough. This was a cycle that you couldn't get out of. You had tried to leave him before. It didn't take him two weeks to win you back though. You felt useless and powerless with him. He used you for the sex and as something that he could toss around and control.

-Back to Reality-

You watched Spencer being dragged out of the bathroom tied up with his shirt. "I told you that you were mine y/n, That means forever. You can change your name, your number, your address, and your place of work, but I will always find you and bring you back home." Alex stalked over to you as he talked. "She doesn't belong to anyone", Spencer said in your defence, immediately acknowledged with a slap in the face. "Spence, you won't win this", You told him. You thought that you had finally escaped him, I mean it had been a year. You had thought that he finally let you go, that was a foolish thought. "Y/n y/n y/n, now do you want to tell your friend bye so we can go home." Alex began to pick up you and hoist you over his shoulder when you saw Morgan run into the room gun in hand. "Put y/n down NOW!" Morgan demanded. Alex just turned around to meet Morgan's eyes. "y/n I didn't know that you had this many men in your life, I thought we had talked about this." "Put. Her. Down. Now." Morgan bit every word. Alex then tossed you on the bed and charged at Morgan. You thought that that was a pretty idiotic idea, considering the fact that Morgan was bigger than him. Then again you knew that Alex you go to any means necessary just to get you back in his home and under his control. As soon as Alex went towards Morgan, Morgan moved to the side and tackled Alex to the ground, handcuffing him as soon as he got him secure. While this was happening the other guy just stood in the corner looking scared. Spence realized this and took his chance to take him down. You felt like some stupid damsel in distress. You didn't like it, although you appreciated it, you felt useless again. As soon as they got the other guy apprehended, Spencer ran over to you giving you the biggest hug he's ever given you, it was full of love. You began to cry, you thought that you would never be free of this pain that you felt. The pain of your past relationship. Although Spencer was nothing like Alex, you still thought that at some point things might go south, you knew that that would never happen but you couldn't help but think of the what if's.

-Time Skip: 3 Weeks-

It had been 2 weeks since you last saw Alex. You had to give a case in court. You finally gave your side of everything. He had been put in jail for everything that he did to you. You finally felt truly at peace. After all of this, you had decided to move in with Spencer. You now shared the bedroom, the kitchen, everything. It was nice, you had finally got to the point where you weren't scared to trust him 100% anymore. You knew that he wouldn't hurt you as Alex hurt you. Maybe it was a different shade of love. 

~Author's note

Thank you all so much for actually reading this, at the time of this publishing I am at 162 reads. That is more than I ever thought I would get. I love you all, I can never thank you enough for actually taking the time to read it. Have a great day and wash your hands:)