Chapter 9

-Spencer's POV-

Me and y/n have been living together for 7 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days. I have never been happier, y/n finally opened up to me about what really happened between her and Alex for all those years. It broke me to see her cry like she did that night. Now she is in a better state of mind, she finally has let go of all her past fears. Now I know it's time to ask her to marry me. I've known since the day we first talked that I wanted to marry her, I got the ring the week after we started dating.

I've been trying to ask her all week, every time I get the chance one of us gets pulled away. For instance, this morning I fixed her breakfast and put the ring on the tray. What happens? We get called in work for a case. Now I'm on that plane with her, asleep on my shoulder. She looks so at peace, she's no longer looks stressed from work. "I love you" I whispered as I kissed the top of her head. "Okay pretty boy, not right in front of me," Morgan commented, sarcastically. "Oh shut up, if you could actually get a girl you would do the same." Sometimes I really hated Morgan's responses when me and y/n to cheesy stuff. I understand that it's cheesy and all, but I mean Morgan and Garcia do the same shit.

Anyways, if it isn't too hectic when we land, I'm gonna ask y/n tonight. I have a plan. We go get dinner, we walk around, I get her to stop, I tell her how much I love her and how I want to be with her for the rest of my life, I get down on one knee, ask the question, and then wait for her response. We landed in Omaha, Nebraska. I found a restaurant that we can go to. I just hope this works out, I need to ask her tonight.

-Time Skip: 5 hours-

Thankfully we weren't too bombarded with things when we landed. We all went to the hotel, I pulled y/n off to the side, "Hey y/n, I was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner tonight?" She looked tired and I kinda felt bad for asking. "No sorry baby, I'm really tired. I didn't get much sleep last night, that's why I fell asleep on the plane." I was disappointed but I know what it's like to not be able to sleep. "Okay that's fine, wanna cuddle?" "Is that even a question?" I picked her up and carried her to our room. She fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, guess she wasn't kidding. I closed my eyes allowing sleep to come.

I woke up the next morning nervous, will I ever be able to ask her?

-Y/n's POV-

Spencer has been trying to talk to me all week, it seems important and it's honestly starting to worry me. He seems a little off from his normal confident self. I woke up this morning to a nervous Spencer. "Spence, what's wrong?" He just looked at me and shook his head. Bullshit. "Babe, You need to tell me what's wrong. I wanna help." He raised an eyebrow and talked in a raspy voice, "I'll tell you tonight. If you wanna help, go to dinner with me. I don't care if we go to McDonald's for dinner, I just wanna eat dinner with you and you alone." "Okay, we can do that."

All-day was stressful. We got leads on the unsub but my mind was preoccupied with what was bothering Spencer. Is he going to tell me during dinner, is something wrong between us? No that's silly. Is it though? Although you had lost your stupid fears of not being good enough, this whole situation was letting those fears come back to the surface. I think Spencer saw that I was in my own world because he came over to me, throwing his arm over me. Surely this means that we are doing good right? Right.

Soon enough we were at dinner, we ended going to some steakhouse in the area. We didn't talk about what was bothering Spencer during dinner, that just made me worry more. After dinner, we went to walk around a nearby park. Once we got there he immediately started talking. "I'm sorry for worrying you this morning but there's been something that I've been trying to tell you." Oh no "Look, I've enjoyed the time we've had together, but I want something more" I knew it, I feel tears start to form and one slips down. Leaving a burning sensation as it falls. "No y/n not like that. I mean I want more with you. I want security that you will be mine forever. I love you so much. Y/n, I never want to hurt you." Our phones begin to ring, work, I answer my phone to hear Mogan's voice "There's been another murder, you guys need to get here now." I sighed and I told him that we would be there shortly. "Spence" "I know, come on let's go."

-Time Skip: 2 days-

We got back yesterday, Spencer has been distant. It looks like he's thinking hard all the time, and I don't like it. We got back home after work tonight, I put my stuff down on the table. I walked to the kitchen until Spencer stopped me before I could enter. "Y/n, I'm sick and tired of waiting for the perfect moment to do this because I don't think that there is going to be one. I've loved you since the day we met, I don't know where I would be without you. Therefore I want to ask you something." He pulled out a ring from his pocket. "I bought this as soon as we started dating, I knew that you were the person that I wanted to marry. So, y/f/n/ y/l/n" He got down on one knee. I knew what was happening. He doesn't want to break up, he wants to marry me. "Will you marry me?" "Yes, yes of course!" He stood back up and you kissed him. You closed your eyes feeling at peace with the world, at peace with yourself, and at peace with your heart. 

~Author's Note~

Hey guys, so originally I wasn't going to end the book so early but with the way I ended the last chapter I thought that it would be better if I ended the book here instead of writing more. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I will be writing more in the future, I want to write a prequel to this book. Just something to try. Anyways I hope that y'all are saying safe and inside. Wash your hands and have a great day:)