Chapter IX

Another hour passes and Zoe's flight had just landed. I'd left my stuff with the boys and was waiting eagerly by the place everybody exits security. I was bouncing up and down on my toes watching everybody flow out the doors, scanning the crowd. My eyes finally find the brown-haired girl running towards me, dragging her suitcase in tow. I burst into a run, a smile on my face as I wrapped her in a hug.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" I say as we break away.

"Me too!" she replies. I lead her through the terminal to where Garrett and Andrew are sitting.

"Guys, this is Zoe. Zoe, Garrett and Andrew" I smile, and they say their hellos.

"It's great to meet you both, Abby's told me a lot about you two" She smiles, nudging me, to which I respond with a blush. I know what and who she's talking about.

"Right I guess we're ready to get going then," I say, grabbing my stuff to avoid the awkward conversation. The four of us head to the car rental place and pick out a car. Garrett pushes me out of the way as I go to pay. Once he finishes I lightly smack his shoulder.

"None of that," I say, a stern look on my face.

"Hey!" he cries. "I don't want you paying for everything" We go out and get the car, placing our bags in the boot.

"Do you want me to drive?" Andrew asks.

"If you don't mind" I yawn. He gives me a smile as I hand him the keys.

"You can sit in the front" Zoe smirks as I go to open the back door.

"Alright," I laugh. I clamber into the front seat beside Andrew. He looks at me with a small smirk to which I respond with a puzzled look.

"Directions?" he asks.

"Oh duh. Of course" I say, internally facepalming. Nice one Abby. "My bad" I add as I pull out my phone and type in the address into Google Maps. It was a 20-minute drive to the house and I could hear some hushed giggling from behind me, I knew exactly what Zoe and Garrett were gossiping about and the mere thought of it made me blush. Soon enough Andrew pulls into the driveway of the house. As the others get out their bags from the boot I go and find the key. It was a beautiful four bedroom single story house in a suburban area with a public pool just across the road. The time was now 6 pm and by the time we'd picked out rooms and had a chance to chill out and me a chance to catch up with Zoe it was 7 pm.

"I'm gonna head to the store and then pick up some dinner. What are we feeling? Pizza?" I ask, standing up from the couch.

"Pizza sounds good," Zoe smiles and the others agree. As I go to walk out the door Garrett calls out to me.

"What's up Gare?" I ask him.

"I don't want you to go alone," he says. "Take Andrew with you"

"I'm sure I'll be fine alone if you wanna stay here instead," I smile to Andrew before side-eyeing Garrett.

"No it's okay, I'll come with you" he replies, standing up and walking beside me.

"Cool, well we'll be back soon!" I say to Garrett and Zoe, who both have giddy looks on their faces. Once we get in the car I hand Andrew my phone.

"Do you mind ordering the pizzas whilst I drive?" I ask.

"I can do that," he smiles, fingers brushing mine as he takes my phone from my hand. "Any requests?"

"Oooh, a plain cheese pizza. Oh and garlic bread!" I sigh dreamily, making him laugh. The two of us drive for about five minutes before pulling into the Target car park.