Chapter XII

We were about a week into the trip now, making the most out of every moment. We spent most of the days at the various parks. It was Saturday night now and the boys had disappeared for a few hours and Zoe and I were in the kitchen, a bottle of wine each. It was about 6 pm and we were blasting music as we sang along, dancing around the kitchen. As the sun lowered in the sky, the drunker we got. At about 7.30 pm the two boys walked through the front door.

"You're back!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air as I turn to look at the two of them.

"Are you drunk?" Andrew laughs, shouting over the music as he places the car keys on the counter.

"Garrett!" Zoe smiles drunkenly, pulling Garrett over to dance with her.

"Very, very drunk," I grin, finishing the last sip from my bottle, before placing it on the counter.

"Your face goes so red when you've been drinking," Andrew notes, gazing at me. I giggled at him before joining Garrett and Zoe who were still dancing. My mind was foggy and I decided it was a good idea to choose the pizza floatie sitting outside as my dance partner. I dragged it in and clutched it, slow dancing with it. Andrew and Garrett started laughing uncontrollably as I twirled it around. The two of them snapped some photos of me and my floatie and spent the next few hours having fun in the kitchen. At about 10 pm the four of us were sitting on the couch and my head was still spinning.

"I'm gonna do it," Zoe says, shaking me.

"Do what?" Garrett asks.

"I'm gonna move to LA," she replies.

"Whaaaaaaat" I say, looking at her with wide eyes.

"I'm gonna do it, I will" Zoe grins and I envelop her into a hug.

"I'm gonna hold you to that," I say laughing.

"I need sleep now," she mumbles, standing up before stumbling to her room. I lean back into the couch and close my eyes.

"I'll be right back," Andrew smiles, standing up from the couch and heading to his room briefly.

"So Abby," Garrett asks. "How have you and Andrew been?"

"He is the cutest, sweetest thing ever," I mumble, looking at him. I didn't have a filter to stop me when I was drunk, and Garrett knew this.

"Still like him?"

"Very much so" I sigh. "He hugged me super nice last night and I want to feel that forever"

"Interesting," Garrett smirks and I stand up and flop over on top of him, causing him to laugh.

"Don't go meddling," I mumble. Andrew comes back into the room laughing at the sight of me squashing Garrett.

"Help Andrew!" He laughs and Andrew comes over.

"Noooo," I say as Andrew picks me up off of Garrett and places me down on the couch, away from Garrett before taking a seat beside me.

"Fine I'll lie on you then," I say, falling over onto Andrew. "Comfy," He laughs and starts to tickle me and I start laughing and squirming, begging him to stop. He does and I sigh in relief, facing up to the ceiling as I was sprawled across his legs. A wave of sleepiness washed over me and I closed my eyes.

"Are you tired?" Andrew asks and I nod. "Come on then," He lifts me up and carries me to my bedroom.

"You're the mystery carrier," I yawn as he places me down on my bed, opening my eyes and looking at his face. His adorable, perfect face. He kneels beside me so that we are eye level and I hold my arms out for a hug. He chuckles and leans into me and I bury my head into his shoulder. It was a slightly awkward hug, but great nonetheless