One

Nicole POV

"Way to go" Claire says walking up besides and bumping into me. "We may actually have a shot at the state championship this year, with you on our team"

I give her a small smile, "You guys can do that with out me, it's all in your guys head"

"Says the one that just scored half our goals and assisted the other half"

"Whatever you say" I say "Well I have to go, see you tomorrow" I said heading to my bike and waving goodbye. Once I got on it I started my 40 minute bike ride back to the group home I've been staying at the past year.

This one isn't as bad as some I've been. Plus this one isn't to far away from Kent Ridge Preparatory  School. A private school, which I'm on scholarship to attend for soccer. It's my first semester and it's not to bad, but you can tell a good portion of the kids are entitled pricks, but most people on my team aren't too bad.

I mainly just keep to my self and focus on school and soccer so I can try and get a scholarship for college.

Once I got to group home, I locked up my bike and headed inside.

I got inside and found Ms. Smith sitting in her office. "Your late"

"I had a game"

"Still, you know the rules. Arrive home after curfew, no dinner." She says before shutting her office door.

I just roll my eyes and head up to my room.

I'm met with Ashely, Lauren, and Mckenna.

"So how'd the game go? Mckenna as looking down from her bunk

"No, no, let me guess" Ashely says cutting me off before I could answer. "You lost and sat the bench the whole time" she said smirking

"Asshole" I said laughing while throwing my bag at her.

"Seriously though, how'd it go? Mckenna asked once she was done laughing

"We won, I played okay"

"Your to modesty, I know for a fact your the reason they have a shot a state" Lauren said finally entering the conversation. "Catch" she said turning back to her book

I caught it and looked down and opened it, a sandwich.

"Thanks you guys" I said looking at all of them.

"No problem, the orphans have to stick together" McKenna said with a smile

"Now go shower, you stink" Ashely said smiling also.

"Yeah, yeah" I said smiling and heading to shower.