Another Side

Cancer

The time it took for any news from the others made Cancer assume their plan had failed. The razor blade hidden in her trouser pocket was pressed uncomfortably against her leg. Since they would be unable to escape with their belongings, Cancer kept the thing she treasured most on her body at all times.

She was about to give up all hope until a soft clicking of her cell door lifted hope back into her veins. She got to her feet as the door was pushed open. Aries had one finger pressed against her lip, telling Cancer not to make a sound. She edged round the door. It seemed like most of them had escaped, the only ones missing were Pisces, Gemini and Libra.  

Taurus, followed by Leo, went up to Aries, "I think Gemini was caught." Cancer overheard him saying. Taurus looked pale and sweaty, and swayed unsteadily on his feet. Maybe the strain of his mission was too much for his frail frame.

"You're kidding?!" Sagittarius said loudly in panic. Leo clamped his hand over his mouth to shut him up.

Cancer frowned, "There's also a big possibility that Pisces has been too, if Taurus is back." She was concerned for her friend. It was a while since she cared for someone so much.

"There's no way we can leave them." Capricorn stated.

Aries nodded sombrely, "I agree. I suggest we try and find them."

The others shook their head in agreement, but something bothered Cancer, and Virgo too. "What about cameras?" Virgo asked nervously, rubbing her chin.

Aquarius, who hadn't said anything despite it being his plan, finally said, "I've been keeping a look out for a while, but I haven't seen any. But I've been in situations like this before...the cameras can be tiny, as small as a pin head."

"Maybe you could have mentioned that a bit earlier?" Aries replied in annoyance.

Aquarius shrugged, unmoved, "I didn't think it was relevant."

Aries placed her hands on her hips, "Any other information we might want to know before we go?" She demanded.

Cancer took Aries' shoulder, "That's enough, Aries. Keep your voice down." Aries looked at her with blazing eyes before dropping her gaze and said nothing. From the corner of her eye, Cancer saw Aquarius look at her sceptically. She decided to ignore him.

Leo decided to take charge, "So about finding the others-"

"No need." A voice from Cancer's cell said. At first, she thought it was one of the nurses, but was relieved when a figure dressed in pink and green crept round the door.

"Gem!" Sagittarius pulled his brother into his arms, "I'm so glad you're safe."

Cancer rolled her eyes at the family reunion. This was no time for sloppy emotional moments. "How did you escape?!" Taurus asked him in shock.

Gemini pulled away from his brother. "I don't know," He replied, "There was no way Doctor Orion didn't see me. He looked her straight in the eye. He just...left."

"What about Pisces?" Cancer asked, worry for her friend increasing.

"I didn't pass him on the way back. Taurus and I left him right at the beginning." Gemini glanced at Cancer, his mismatched eyes dull.

"I think they want us to escape." Aries said, looking around the group.

Cancer almost laughed at the idea, "You can't be serious." She said, but looking back, there was no way they could have escaped their rooms so easily. Cancer blinked, "But why would they do that though..." She muttered.