A Decision

Gemini (Leto)

Leto stood frozen in shock as the woman stood confidently in front of her - or Gemini's - fallen friends. Despite being a completely different personality to Gemini, the feeling of responsibility was mutual. However, she hardly had any idea where she was or what she was doing, so helping out was going to be difficult. She glanced at Taurus, who was glaring murderously at the cloaked woman.

"How dare you hurt them." Taurus growled. The tension in the air could be cut with a butter knife.

The woman laughed. "You're the one attacking me... a poor defenceless young woman." Her eyes widened innocently. "I'm doing this out of self-defence!"

"What you're doing is wrong." Taurus sounded like he was on the verge of losing it. Leto had to do something before he did something stupid.

The woman cocked her head. "Who are you to judge whether something is right or wrong?" She asked. "How is killing us defined as good?"

Leto noticed Taurus' hands shake in fury. "Calm down, Taurus." She whispered anxiously. Although she couldn't remember much about him, he never seemed like the angry type.

"Shut up. She hurt our friends." His voice was seething.

A huge spike of rock erupted from the ground beneath their enemy's feet. It would have been a good surprise attack had she not expected it. The woman smiled at them as she jumped to dodge it gracefully, and landed neatly where she took off quickly in their direction.

"Make sure Leo and Pisces are okay, I'll take care of her!" Taurus ordered. Leto realised there was no point in arguing. She nodded and jumped, willing the air to propel her towards her comrades swiftly. She dodged her attacker and landed by Leo's side.

He was sprawled on his side, his forehead was bleeding heavily. Leto gulped to check his pulse. Luckily his heart was still beating strongly, and his breathing seemed to be normal too.

"Wass goin on?" A slurred voice said from her left. Pisces was regaining consciousness slowly and he struggled to sit up. His jaw was badly bruised and his lip was split.

"Thank God you're alright." Leto sighed with relief, but the feeling of ease quickly faded when a thundering boom echoed in Taurus' direction.

Pisces visibly flinched. "Why is Taurus fighting alone?" He glared at Leto. "You should know better than to let someone be reckless like that."

"He wasn't listening to reason!" Leto defended herself, but she knew Pisces was right. "Fine, I'll help him. Just keep an eye on Leo for me."

Pisces looked ready to retaliate, but gave up once he saw her defiant look. "Don't die." He muttered.

Leto grinned. "Not planning on it."

She turned towards the fight and sucked in her breath. Taurus was holding his own surprisingly well, but his below-average stamina was probably reaching its limit. She watched him summon more rock and earth needles, trying to impale his opponent, who evaded them easily every time. Having no time to come up with a decent plan, the best she could was distract her while Taurus went in for the kill.

Moulding the air around her into a blade-like shape, she sliced it towards the cloaked figure. Although it didn't do much damage, it still got her attention.

"Finally decided to play?" The woman giggled childishly.

Leto ignored the taunting comment and stole a look towards Taurus, who was worn out and sweaty. She silently prayed that he understood what he was going to have to do. Turning her attention back to the criminal, she willed the air to swirl around her opponent, the speed accelerating drastically until it was impenetrable.