Monthly Notice Pt.1

Resting a hand on her lower abdomen, her face was scrunched in pain as she sat on a chair in the waiting room waiting for the nurse to come back with some pain killers. She just needed a few to last this week because this start of her week was starting pretty horribly.

It'd been two days already and she'd woke up groggy. It was only when this time of month came around the corner when she'd feel so unusually tired. Impatient in some sense, but mostly in pain from the repetitive aching in her abdomen. She just wanted it to stop and that could never happen unless pills were in hand somewhere. Nervous, she glanced around the waiting room to make sure no familiar faces would pop up to look for her here. This was private matters and she wanted to leave as quickly as she could.

Eyes returning back in front of her, relief was felt when she'd seen the nurse walking towards her. Standing up, she took the pills that were handed to her, signing a thank you as the nurse granted her a goodbye.

Walking outside the sun warmed her skin causing her eyes to squint in its brightness. She kept a neutral look on her face, masking the pain she was feeling inside as she put a pep in her step to get to Michonne's place.

Each step was raising hell. She just wanted to take these pills and lay down. Hoping she'd feel better in an hour or so depending on how fast it would take the pills to kick in. Arriving at the front steps, she managed her way up with a grimace before reaching for the door handle and opening the door.

Inside there wasn't a soul. Closing the door behind her, she made her way down the hallway and to the kitchen. Water was on her mind. She needed something to down the pills that would make this agonizing pain go away. Feeling a sharp pain go through, she grimaced while laying a hand back onto the area that radiated pain causing her to stop in her tracks right in front of the kitchen. Though to her surprise, she'd stumbled upon three familiar faces.

Straightening her posture, immediately she shoved the bottle of pills into her back pocket, face changing into a forced smile when her eyes laid upon Judith who gave her a wave along with a warm smile. She was sitting at the table eating lunch just before her eyes trailed to Daryl who was carrying a sleepy Rj in his arms, holding him to his chest while his other hand hovered above the trash seeming to throw away an empty paper plate.

At the sweet sight a genuine smile danced upon her lips that she couldn't seem to fake. Not able to take her eyes off them until Daryl seemed to sense someone had been standing at the entrance when his eyes met with hers, giving a timid smile.

She gave a wave, walking in and meeting him half way before watching him sign with his free hand.

"You okay if I put him to sleep?"

She gave a nod assuring him that he was more than welcome while he made his way to her. He gave a curt nod eyes meeting with hers before taking a step past her. Feeling him linger beside her for just a second, she was surprise when she'd felt him press a quick kiss onto the side of her head before walking out.

She turned, watching him leave with a genuine warmth written on her face that seemed to fill her body at his brief affection. He was learning. Getting comfortable and that was enough to warm her heart. Disappearing from sight, her eyes returned back to Judith who seemed to have jumped up from her seat while grabbing a small yet soft, fleece like blanket from the chair beside her, shouting something.

"Uncle Daryl!"

Connie made out, as Judith hurried her way towards the doorway before briefly turning around to sign with a look of assurance on her face.

"I'll be right back." Connie's smile grew, giving her a nod before she ran off to return Rj's beloved blanket that he slept with most nights. The boy was rarely seen without it ever since he'd grown to be scared of the dark.